Blake Wood Story

  • chilpup@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 13, 2002
      Yesterday, I was timing at my daughter's track meet in Albuquerque when Blake
      Wood lined up in a free lane with the teenage boys for the 800 meter race.
      Next to me was a nine year old boy who said incredulously, "Is that old man
      gonna race?" I replied, "That 'old man' is one of the premier 100 mile trail
      racers on the planet." The kid's jaw dropped when the old man handily won the
      event by a long shot. Afterwards, he looked at Blake like he was seeing a
      superhero.

      Happy trails,
      Nancy Halpin