Re: [hr100] Starting and Waiting Lists for the 2002 Hardrock Hundred

    Message 1 of 20 , Feb 12, 2002
      It was a hard decision for me not to enter Hardrock
      this year, but I want to make one long trip to
      Colorado instead of 2 short trips, so I will focus my
      efforts on the Leadville bike and run and Nolan's 14.
      I would have gotten in (3 finishes in last 5 years),
      but I am glad that by not entering I am giving someone
      else a chance to run it. It is a beautiful race.
      Perhaps next year.

      =====

      http://greetings.yahoo.com
    • Deb
      Message 2 of 20 , Feb 13, 2002
        Okay, but don't blame me when you feel like crap after 30+ hours out there
        on the trail.
        You were warned! :-)
        deb
        looking out the window at a nice little snow squall on a day predicted to be
        "sunny".
        Message 3 of 20 , Feb 14, 2002
          Deb, So that's why I feel so tired after 30 or so hours; someone has been
          putting a curse on me!
          I knew it couldn't be that I was a mediocre runner, too old, fat and
          undertrained. Well, stop that right now! Do you hear me? Now!
          There, I feel better. Now I need to start looking for another outside
          reason that explains why I'm such a slug.
          Thanks
          Steve
        • Stevan Pattillo
            Message 5 of 20 , Mar 14, 2002
              I finally got around to "messing around" with the 360 degree panorama
              pictures that I took last summer at Hardrock and Nolans. I didn't carry
              a tripod, so they're not perfect, but most of them look alright. You'll
              need the Quicktime Plug-in to view the panoramas, but it's free on the
              Quicktime site if you don't already have it.

              John Robinson
              http://www.geocities.com/timberlinejohn

            • Deb
              Message 6 of 20 , Mar 15, 2002
                awesome!!! makes me feel like I'm there all over again...
                thanks for putting these up!
                deb pero
                > I finally got around to "messing around" with the 360 degree panorama
                > pictures that I took last summer at Hardrock and Nolans. I didn't carry
                > a tripod, so they're not perfect, but most of them look alright. You'll
                > need the Quicktime Plug-in to view the panoramas, but it's free on the
                > Quicktime site if you don't already have it.
                >

                > John Robinson
                > http://www.geocities.com/timberlinejohn

              • Ginny La Forme
                Message 7 of 20 , Mar 15, 2002
                  Thanks, John!

                  It's amazing how we were all able to run around the summit fast
                  enough to stay out of the picture! Are the Nolan's panoramas up yet? All
                  I could find was Handies.
                  Ginny

                  I finally got around to "messing around" with the 360 degree panorama
                  pictures that I took last summer at Hardrock and Nolans. I didn't carry
                  a tripod, so they're not perfect, but most of them look alright. You'll
                  need the Quicktime Plug-in to view the panoramas, but it's free on the
                  Quicktime site if you don't already have it.

                  John Robinson
                  http://www.geocities.com/timberlinejohn

                  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                • John Robinson
                  Message 8 of 20 , Mar 15, 2002
                    You’re Welcome, Ginny. Yeah there were a lot of people up there that
                    day. It’s a good thing for me you’re such a nice person or you might
                    have gotten mad at me for telling you to get out of the way all the
                    time! :))

                    I put up a few more (Dives Basin, La Plata & Huron), they're in the
                    rough stages, but I'll try and fix them up later.

                    John