Re: [hr100] HR & Lake City

  • Kirk Apt
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 11, 2002
      on 2/11/02 8:19 AM, Todd Salzer at salsat@... wrote:

      > Greg & others,
      >
      > I hate to be the bearer of bad news, and so I hope that I am wrong about
      > this, but I believe the Lake City 50 has moved up a couple weeks and is
      > now the Summer Solstice 50 or some such. Can't remember where I saw
      > this so if someone can verify it that would be great. Chip Lee stepped
      > down as RD and the new person decided...
      >
      > Todd Salzer in Golden, Colorado

      Hi All
      Yes, that's the word. Chip and Kathy have passed on the race to the capable
      hands of Steve and Linda McCormick, Jerry Gray, and other Lake City locals.
      I hope the date works out OK because I was up on the Divide section trying
      to mark the course in waist deep snow during the race's inaugural year in
      mid/late June. Chip reconfigured the run into a 50K that year, and moved it
      to late July for the following years. So at any rate, hope for an early
      runoff and expect some snow on the Solstice.

      Also, many thanks to the HRH committee for a very tough job last weekend.

      Kirk Apt