Re: [hr100] Starting and Waiting Lists for the 2002 Hardrock Hundred

  • Deb
    Message 1 of 20 , Feb 11, 2002
      Steve, Steve, you're in denial!! You mustn't continue to hide behind the
      guilt!
      Free yourself! There is a way out!! I CAN HELP YOU!!!!
      deb

      Message 2 of 20 , Feb 11, 2002
        Hi Steveand Deb!
        I was disappointed to see that you two are not in HR this July. But mabye
        there will be a turnaround and you will get in....one or both of you! Still,
        at least you are planning to amke the journey out here this summer which will
        be a great reunion!
        I can't believe the Committee chose me. I don't feel worthy comapred to
        others who did notmake the cut. But I am grateful, nonetheless, and plan to
        do my best to finish it this year. And have a ball, as always.

        With love, your friend,

        Jennifer Roach
      • Stevan Pattillo
        Message 3 of 20 , Feb 12, 2002
          Deb, That is so like you; thinking of others first. But, I can't do it.
          Steve
          Message 4 of 20 , Feb 12, 2002
            It was a hard decision for me not to enter Hardrock
            this year, but I want to make one long trip to
            Colorado instead of 2 short trips, so I will focus my
            efforts on the Leadville bike and run and Nolan's 14.
            I would have gotten in (3 finishes in last 5 years),
            but I am glad that by not entering I am giving someone
            else a chance to run it. It is a beautiful race.
            Perhaps next year.

            =====

            http://greetings.yahoo.com
          • Deb
            Message 5 of 20 , Feb 13, 2002
              Okay, but don't blame me when you feel like crap after 30+ hours out there
              on the trail.
              You were warned! :-)
              deb
              looking out the window at a nice little snow squall on a day predicted to be
              "sunny".
              Message 6 of 20 , Feb 14, 2002
                Deb, So that's why I feel so tired after 30 or so hours; someone has been
                putting a curse on me!
                I knew it couldn't be that I was a mediocre runner, too old, fat and
                undertrained. Well, stop that right now! Do you hear me? Now!
                There, I feel better. Now I need to start looking for another outside
                reason that explains why I'm such a slug.
                Thanks
                Steve
              • Stevan Pattillo
                  Message 8 of 20 , Mar 14, 2002
                    I finally got around to "messing around" with the 360 degree panorama
                    pictures that I took last summer at Hardrock and Nolans. I didn't carry
                    a tripod, so they're not perfect, but most of them look alright. You'll
                    need the Quicktime Plug-in to view the panoramas, but it's free on the
                    Quicktime site if you don't already have it.

                    John Robinson
                    http://www.geocities.com/timberlinejohn

                  • Deb
                    Message 9 of 20 , Mar 15, 2002
                      awesome!!! makes me feel like I'm there all over again...
                      thanks for putting these up!
                      deb pero
                      > I finally got around to "messing around" with the 360 degree panorama
                      > pictures that I took last summer at Hardrock and Nolans. I didn't carry
                      > a tripod, so they're not perfect, but most of them look alright. You'll
                      > need the Quicktime Plug-in to view the panoramas, but it's free on the
                      > Quicktime site if you don't already have it.
                      >

                      > John Robinson
                      > http://www.geocities.com/timberlinejohn

                    • Ginny La Forme
                      Message 10 of 20 , Mar 15, 2002
                        Thanks, John!

                        It's amazing how we were all able to run around the summit fast
                        enough to stay out of the picture! Are the Nolan's panoramas up yet? All
                        I could find was Handies.
                        Ginny

                        I finally got around to "messing around" with the 360 degree panorama
                        pictures that I took last summer at Hardrock and Nolans. I didn't carry
                        a tripod, so they're not perfect, but most of them look alright. You'll
                        need the Quicktime Plug-in to view the panoramas, but it's free on the
                        Quicktime site if you don't already have it.

                        John Robinson
                        http://www.geocities.com/timberlinejohn

                        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                      • John Robinson
                        Message 11 of 20 , Mar 15, 2002
                          You’re Welcome, Ginny. Yeah there were a lot of people up there that
                          day. It’s a good thing for me you’re such a nice person or you might
                          have gotten mad at me for telling you to get out of the way all the
                          time! :))

                          I put up a few more (Dives Basin, La Plata & Huron), they're in the
                          rough stages, but I'll try and fix them up later.

                          John