Re: [hr100] Starting and Waiting Lists for the 2002 Hardrock Hundred

  • Stevan Pattillo
    Message 1 of 20 , Feb 11, 2002
      Deb, I couldn't ask you to so selflessly sacrifice yourself. Thanks anyway.
      I'll just have to bear-up, "sob", under the guilt.
      Steve
    • Deb
      Message 2 of 20 , Feb 11, 2002
        Steve, Steve, you're in denial!! You mustn't continue to hide behind the
        guilt!
        Free yourself! There is a way out!! I CAN HELP YOU!!!!
        deb

        Message 3 of 20 , Feb 11, 2002
          Hi Steveand Deb!
          I was disappointed to see that you two are not in HR this July. But mabye
          there will be a turnaround and you will get in....one or both of you! Still,
          at least you are planning to amke the journey out here this summer which will
          be a great reunion!
          I can't believe the Committee chose me. I don't feel worthy comapred to
          others who did notmake the cut. But I am grateful, nonetheless, and plan to
          do my best to finish it this year. And have a ball, as always.

          With love, your friend,

          Jennifer Roach
        • Stevan Pattillo
          Message 4 of 20 , Feb 12, 2002
            Deb, That is so like you; thinking of others first. But, I can't do it.
            Steve
            Message 5 of 20 , Feb 12, 2002
              It was a hard decision for me not to enter Hardrock
              this year, but I want to make one long trip to
              Colorado instead of 2 short trips, so I will focus my
              efforts on the Leadville bike and run and Nolan's 14.
              I would have gotten in (3 finishes in last 5 years),
              but I am glad that by not entering I am giving someone
              else a chance to run it. It is a beautiful race.
              Perhaps next year.

              =====

              http://greetings.yahoo.com
            • Deb
              Message 6 of 20 , Feb 13, 2002
                Okay, but don't blame me when you feel like crap after 30+ hours out there
                on the trail.
                You were warned! :-)
                deb
                looking out the window at a nice little snow squall on a day predicted to be
                "sunny".
                Message 7 of 20 , Feb 14, 2002
                  Deb, So that's why I feel so tired after 30 or so hours; someone has been
                  putting a curse on me!
                  I knew it couldn't be that I was a mediocre runner, too old, fat and
                  undertrained. Well, stop that right now! Do you hear me? Now!
                  There, I feel better. Now I need to start looking for another outside
                  reason that explains why I'm such a slug.
                  Thanks
                  Steve
                • Stevan Pattillo
                    Message 9 of 20 , Mar 14, 2002
                      I finally got around to "messing around" with the 360 degree panorama
                      pictures that I took last summer at Hardrock and Nolans. I didn't carry
                      a tripod, so they're not perfect, but most of them look alright. You'll
                      need the Quicktime Plug-in to view the panoramas, but it's free on the
                      Quicktime site if you don't already have it.

                      John Robinson
                      http://www.geocities.com/timberlinejohn

                    • Deb
                      Message 10 of 20 , Mar 15, 2002
                        awesome!!! makes me feel like I'm there all over again...
                        thanks for putting these up!
                        deb pero
                        > I finally got around to "messing around" with the 360 degree panorama
                        > pictures that I took last summer at Hardrock and Nolans. I didn't carry
                        > a tripod, so they're not perfect, but most of them look alright. You'll
                        > need the Quicktime Plug-in to view the panoramas, but it's free on the
                        > Quicktime site if you don't already have it.
                        >

                        > John Robinson
                        > http://www.geocities.com/timberlinejohn

                      • Ginny La Forme
                        Message 11 of 20 , Mar 15, 2002
                          Thanks, John!

                          It's amazing how we were all able to run around the summit fast
                          enough to stay out of the picture! Are the Nolan's panoramas up yet? All
                          I could find was Handies.
                          Ginny

                          I finally got around to "messing around" with the 360 degree panorama
                          pictures that I took last summer at Hardrock and Nolans. I didn't carry
                          a tripod, so they're not perfect, but most of them look alright. You'll
                          need the Quicktime Plug-in to view the panoramas, but it's free on the
                          Quicktime site if you don't already have it.

                          John Robinson
                          http://www.geocities.com/timberlinejohn

                          Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                        • John Robinson
                          Message 12 of 20 , Mar 15, 2002
                            You’re Welcome, Ginny. Yeah there were a lot of people up there that
                            day. It’s a good thing for me you’re such a nice person or you might
                            have gotten mad at me for telling you to get out of the way all the
                            time! :))

                            I put up a few more (Dives Basin, La Plata & Huron), they're in the
                            rough stages, but I'll try and fix them up later.

                            John