Re: [hr100] Starting and Waiting Lists for the 2002 Hardrock Hundred

  • Deb
    Message 1 of 20 , Feb 11, 2002
      I think I read somewhere that the only cure for this is to trade places with
      someone who didn't get in...
      I'll volunteer.
      I'm only thinking of your welfare, man.....
      :-)
      deb

      Message 2 of 20 , Feb 11, 2002
        Deb, I couldn't ask you to so selflessly sacrifice yourself. Thanks anyway.
        I'll just have to bear-up, "sob", under the guilt.
        Steve
      • Deb
        Message 3 of 20 , Feb 11, 2002
          Steve, Steve, you're in denial!! You mustn't continue to hide behind the
          guilt!
          Free yourself! There is a way out!! I CAN HELP YOU!!!!
          deb

          Message 4 of 20 , Feb 11, 2002
            Hi Steveand Deb!
            I was disappointed to see that you two are not in HR this July. But mabye
            there will be a turnaround and you will get in....one or both of you! Still,
            at least you are planning to amke the journey out here this summer which will
            be a great reunion!
            I can't believe the Committee chose me. I don't feel worthy comapred to
            others who did notmake the cut. But I am grateful, nonetheless, and plan to
            do my best to finish it this year. And have a ball, as always.

            With love, your friend,

            Jennifer Roach
          • Stevan Pattillo
            Message 5 of 20 , Feb 12, 2002
              Deb, That is so like you; thinking of others first. But, I can't do it.
              Steve
              Message 6 of 20 , Feb 12, 2002
                It was a hard decision for me not to enter Hardrock
                this year, but I want to make one long trip to
                Colorado instead of 2 short trips, so I will focus my
                efforts on the Leadville bike and run and Nolan's 14.
                I would have gotten in (3 finishes in last 5 years),
                but I am glad that by not entering I am giving someone
                else a chance to run it. It is a beautiful race.
                Perhaps next year.

                =====

                http://greetings.yahoo.com
              • Deb
                Message 7 of 20 , Feb 13, 2002
                  Okay, but don't blame me when you feel like crap after 30+ hours out there
                  on the trail.
                  You were warned! :-)
                  deb
                  looking out the window at a nice little snow squall on a day predicted to be
                  "sunny".
                  Message 8 of 20 , Feb 14, 2002
                    Deb, So that's why I feel so tired after 30 or so hours; someone has been
                    putting a curse on me!
                    I knew it couldn't be that I was a mediocre runner, too old, fat and
                    undertrained. Well, stop that right now! Do you hear me? Now!
                    There, I feel better. Now I need to start looking for another outside
                    reason that explains why I'm such a slug.
                    Thanks
                    Steve
                  • Stevan Pattillo
                      Message 10 of 20 , Mar 14, 2002
                        I finally got around to "messing around" with the 360 degree panorama
                        pictures that I took last summer at Hardrock and Nolans. I didn't carry
                        a tripod, so they're not perfect, but most of them look alright. You'll
                        need the Quicktime Plug-in to view the panoramas, but it's free on the
                        Quicktime site if you don't already have it.

                        John Robinson
                        http://www.geocities.com/timberlinejohn

                      • Deb
                        Message 11 of 20 , Mar 15, 2002
                          awesome!!! makes me feel like I'm there all over again...
                          thanks for putting these up!
                          deb pero
                          > I finally got around to "messing around" with the 360 degree panorama
                          > pictures that I took last summer at Hardrock and Nolans. I didn't carry
                          > a tripod, so they're not perfect, but most of them look alright. You'll
                          > need the Quicktime Plug-in to view the panoramas, but it's free on the
                          > Quicktime site if you don't already have it.
                          >

                          > John Robinson
                          > http://www.geocities.com/timberlinejohn

                        • Ginny La Forme
                          Message 12 of 20 , Mar 15, 2002
                            Thanks, John!

                            It's amazing how we were all able to run around the summit fast
                            enough to stay out of the picture! Are the Nolan's panoramas up yet? All
                            I could find was Handies.
                            Ginny

                            I finally got around to "messing around" with the 360 degree panorama
                            pictures that I took last summer at Hardrock and Nolans. I didn't carry
                            a tripod, so they're not perfect, but most of them look alright. You'll
                            need the Quicktime Plug-in to view the panoramas, but it's free on the
                            Quicktime site if you don't already have it.

                            John Robinson
                            http://www.geocities.com/timberlinejohn

                            Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                          • John Robinson
                            Message 13 of 20 , Mar 15, 2002
                              You’re Welcome, Ginny. Yeah there were a lot of people up there that
                              day. It’s a good thing for me you’re such a nice person or you might
                              have gotten mad at me for telling you to get out of the way all the
                              time! :))

                              I put up a few more (Dives Basin, La Plata & Huron), they're in the
                              rough stages, but I'll try and fix them up later.

                              John