Re: [hr100] Starting and Waiting Lists for the 2002 Hardrock Hundred

  • Stevan Pattillo
    Message 1 of 20 , Feb 11, 2002
      This isn't exactly like choosing who gets into a life boat on the Titanic,
      so how come I'm experiancing "survivor's guilt"?
      Steve
    • Deb
      Message 2 of 20 , Feb 11, 2002
        I did...,. I think that Garland dude picked it up.
        What? He didn't say anything????

        Message 3 of 20 , Feb 11, 2002
          I think I read somewhere that the only cure for this is to trade places with
          someone who didn't get in...
          I'll volunteer.
          I'm only thinking of your welfare, man.....
          :-)
          deb

          > This isn't exactly like choosing who gets into a life boat on the Titanic,
          > so how come I'm experiancing "survivor's guilt"?
          > Steve

        • Stevan Pattillo
          Message 4 of 20 , Feb 11, 2002
            Deb, I couldn't ask you to so selflessly sacrifice yourself. Thanks anyway.
            I'll just have to bear-up, "sob", under the guilt.
            Steve
          • Deb
            Message 5 of 20 , Feb 11, 2002
              Steve, Steve, you're in denial!! You mustn't continue to hide behind the
              guilt!
              Free yourself! There is a way out!! I CAN HELP YOU!!!!
              deb

              Message 6 of 20 , Feb 11, 2002
                Hi Steveand Deb!
                I was disappointed to see that you two are not in HR this July. But mabye
                there will be a turnaround and you will get in....one or both of you! Still,
                at least you are planning to amke the journey out here this summer which will
                be a great reunion!
                I can't believe the Committee chose me. I don't feel worthy comapred to
                others who did notmake the cut. But I am grateful, nonetheless, and plan to
                do my best to finish it this year. And have a ball, as always.

                With love, your friend,

                Jennifer Roach
              • Stevan Pattillo
                Message 7 of 20 , Feb 12, 2002
                  Deb, That is so like you; thinking of others first. But, I can't do it.
                  Steve
                  Message 8 of 20 , Feb 12, 2002
                    It was a hard decision for me not to enter Hardrock
                    this year, but I want to make one long trip to
                    Colorado instead of 2 short trips, so I will focus my
                    efforts on the Leadville bike and run and Nolan's 14.
                    I would have gotten in (3 finishes in last 5 years),
                    but I am glad that by not entering I am giving someone
                    else a chance to run it. It is a beautiful race.
                    Perhaps next year.

                    =====

                    http://greetings.yahoo.com
                  • Deb
                    Message 9 of 20 , Feb 13, 2002
                      Okay, but don't blame me when you feel like crap after 30+ hours out there
                      on the trail.
                      You were warned! :-)
                      deb
                      looking out the window at a nice little snow squall on a day predicted to be
                      "sunny".
                      Message 10 of 20 , Feb 14, 2002
                        Deb, So that's why I feel so tired after 30 or so hours; someone has been
                        putting a curse on me!
                        I knew it couldn't be that I was a mediocre runner, too old, fat and
                        undertrained. Well, stop that right now! Do you hear me? Now!
                        There, I feel better. Now I need to start looking for another outside
                        reason that explains why I'm such a slug.
                        Thanks
                        Steve
                      • Stevan Pattillo
                          Message 12 of 20 , Mar 14 10:59 PM
                            I finally got around to "messing around" with the 360 degree panorama
                            pictures that I took last summer at Hardrock and Nolans. I didn't carry
                            a tripod, so they're not perfect, but most of them look alright. You'll
                            need the Quicktime Plug-in to view the panoramas, but it's free on the
                            Quicktime site if you don't already have it.

                            John Robinson
                            http://www.geocities.com/timberlinejohn

                          • Deb
                            Message 13 of 20 , Mar 15 5:52 AM
                              awesome!!! makes me feel like I'm there all over again...
                              thanks for putting these up!
                              deb pero
                              > I finally got around to "messing around" with the 360 degree panorama
                              > pictures that I took last summer at Hardrock and Nolans. I didn't carry
                              > a tripod, so they're not perfect, but most of them look alright. You'll
                              > need the Quicktime Plug-in to view the panoramas, but it's free on the
                              > Quicktime site if you don't already have it.
                              >

                              > John Robinson
                              > http://www.geocities.com/timberlinejohn

                            • Ginny La Forme
                              Message 14 of 20 , Mar 15 9:45 AM
                                Thanks, John!

                                It's amazing how we were all able to run around the summit fast
                                enough to stay out of the picture! Are the Nolan's panoramas up yet? All
                                I could find was Handies.
                                Ginny

                                I finally got around to "messing around" with the 360 degree panorama
                                pictures that I took last summer at Hardrock and Nolans. I didn't carry
                                a tripod, so they're not perfect, but most of them look alright. You'll
                                need the Quicktime Plug-in to view the panoramas, but it's free on the
                                Quicktime site if you don't already have it.

                                John Robinson
                                http://www.geocities.com/timberlinejohn

                                Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                                Message 15 of 20 , Mar 15 4:14 PM
                                  You’re Welcome, Ginny. Yeah there were a lot of people up there that
                                  day. It’s a good thing for me you’re such a nice person or you might
                                  have gotten mad at me for telling you to get out of the way all the
                                  time! :))

                                  I put up a few more (Dives Basin, La Plata & Huron), they're in the
                                  rough stages, but I'll try and fix them up later.

                                  John