HR & Lake City

  • Todd Salzer
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 11, 2002
      Greg & others,

      I hate to be the bearer of bad news, and so I hope that I am wrong about
      this, but I believe the Lake City 50 has moved up a couple weeks and is
      now the Summer Solstice 50 or some such. Can't remember where I saw
      this so if someone can verify it that would be great. Chip Lee stepped
      down as RD and the new person decided...

      Todd Salzer in Golden, Colorado
    • Kirk Apt
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 11, 2002
        on 2/11/02 8:19 AM, Todd Salzer at salsat@... wrote:

        > Greg & others,
        >
        > I hate to be the bearer of bad news, and so I hope that I am wrong about
        > this, but I believe the Lake City 50 has moved up a couple weeks and is
        > now the Summer Solstice 50 or some such. Can't remember where I saw
        > this so if someone can verify it that would be great. Chip Lee stepped
        > down as RD and the new person decided...
        >
        > Todd Salzer in Golden, Colorado

        Hi All
        Yes, that's the word. Chip and Kathy have passed on the race to the capable
        hands of Steve and Linda McCormick, Jerry Gray, and other Lake City locals.
        I hope the date works out OK because I was up on the Divide section trying
        to mark the course in waist deep snow during the race's inaugural year in
        mid/late June. Chip reconfigured the run into a 50K that year, and moved it
        to late July for the following years. So at any rate, hope for an early
        runoff and expect some snow on the Solstice.

        Also, many thanks to the HRH committee for a very tough job last weekend.

        Kirk Apt