Re: [hr100] FW: Salt Lake 2002 Olympic Torch Relay

  • Rich Limacher
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 16, 2002
      Dear Friends (ALL of ya!),

      Point of clarification:
      My little tribute to Bozena (+ "Mom") was NOT in reference
      to "the puppy pile." No, the life-saving event which I
      referred to happened on a different day. It was nearer to
      Chapman or Putnam, I think, or at some point coming down
      from Grant-Swamp Pass, if memory serves (which it obviously
      doesn't). EVERYBODY else had long since sped down the
      "hill." But I got thoroughly lost and disoriented in the
      pelting snow/hail/lightning/howlingwind which happened on
      THAT day. The Handies Blizzard, et al..... well, you guys
      all remember that one, dontcha?

      Trust me, Carolyn and Jennifer also--for sure!!!--deserve to
      carry the torch. Heck, I'd even light it for 'em and try to
      keep up by riding alongside on my bike.

      Just, F.Y.I.

      Rich "Sonnyboy" Limacher
      aka Butch Casualty
      and/or The (Wasatch) Sundance Kidder

      TheTroubadour@...

      P.S. I also think Harry has bailed my ass out of trouble on
      occasion as well.

      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 17, 2002
        Hey, yeah!! As I recall, I was the one in that group huddled on the Handies
        shoulder who had the most clothing on her body (and was passing some it
        around to others who were less fortunate....) I even captured the moment on
        film! Well, I am looking forward to seeing all of those same people at HR
        2002 (if I make it in, that is) but this time let's not repeat that same
        experience on the Handies shoulder in a sudden June blizzard. Brrrrr!

        Yes, Harry....I will always forgive you!

        Jennifer R.