Re: [hr100] FW: Salt Lake 2002 Olympic Torch Relay

  • Rich Limacher
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 15, 2002
      Yes, Mom, I can.
      HRH is a very special event full of very special people.
      And BTW, I hope everybody's got their postmark today!!!!
      Best wishes to all,
      And to me... another two hours today on StairMaster!
      Rich

      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 15, 2002
        We can't leave Carolyn out of the "puppy pile" story. Without those three
        wonderful ladies of Hardrock we might still be up there waiting for that
        storm to end. Bozena, all us Hardrockers are proud of you, congratulations.
        Harry
      • Trailbuzzard@cs.com
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 15, 2002
          I meant to say "four wonderful ladies of Hardrock". Jennifier, can you ever
          forgive me?
          Harry
        • Rich Limacher
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 16, 2002
            Dear Friends (ALL of ya!),

            Point of clarification:
            My little tribute to Bozena (+ "Mom") was NOT in reference
            to "the puppy pile." No, the life-saving event which I
            referred to happened on a different day. It was nearer to
            Chapman or Putnam, I think, or at some point coming down
            from Grant-Swamp Pass, if memory serves (which it obviously
            doesn't). EVERYBODY else had long since sped down the
            "hill." But I got thoroughly lost and disoriented in the
            pelting snow/hail/lightning/howlingwind which happened on
            THAT day. The Handies Blizzard, et al..... well, you guys
            all remember that one, dontcha?

            Trust me, Carolyn and Jennifer also--for sure!!!--deserve to
            carry the torch. Heck, I'd even light it for 'em and try to
            keep up by riding alongside on my bike.

            Just, F.Y.I.

            Rich "Sonnyboy" Limacher
            aka Butch Casualty
            and/or The (Wasatch) Sundance Kidder

            TheTroubadour@...

            P.S. I also think Harry has bailed my ass out of trouble on
            occasion as well.

            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 17, 2002
              Hey, yeah!! As I recall, I was the one in that group huddled on the Handies
              shoulder who had the most clothing on her body (and was passing some it
              around to others who were less fortunate....) I even captured the moment on
              film! Well, I am looking forward to seeing all of those same people at HR
              2002 (if I make it in, that is) but this time let's not repeat that same
              experience on the Handies shoulder in a sudden June blizzard. Brrrrr!

              Yes, Harry....I will always forgive you!

              Jennifer R.