Re: [hr100] FW: Salt Lake 2002 Olympic Torch Relay

  • LaForme
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 15, 2002
      Oh you guys !

      Actually no one is as selfless as Steve P. who actually ran back DOWN
      Oscars last year during the race to make sure I was OK. I was yelling at him
      to go on, but he wouldn't. can you believe anyone would do this ?
      I'm so proud of Bozena, and glad that she's getting much deserved
      recognition, especialy after her tough year with injuries in '01. Things
      are gonna be different this year for the Plolish terror !.

      Ginny LaForme
      Espanola,NM
      rlaforme@...
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 15, 2002
        Yes, Mom, I can.
        HRH is a very special event full of very special people.
        And BTW, I hope everybody's got their postmark today!!!!
        Best wishes to all,
        And to me... another two hours today on StairMaster!
        Rich

        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 15, 2002
          We can't leave Carolyn out of the "puppy pile" story. Without those three
          wonderful ladies of Hardrock we might still be up there waiting for that
          storm to end. Bozena, all us Hardrockers are proud of you, congratulations.
          Harry
        • Trailbuzzard@cs.com
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 15, 2002
            I meant to say "four wonderful ladies of Hardrock". Jennifier, can you ever
            forgive me?
            Harry
          • Rich Limacher
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 16, 2002
              Dear Friends (ALL of ya!),

              Point of clarification:
              My little tribute to Bozena (+ "Mom") was NOT in reference
              to "the puppy pile." No, the life-saving event which I
              referred to happened on a different day. It was nearer to
              Chapman or Putnam, I think, or at some point coming down
              from Grant-Swamp Pass, if memory serves (which it obviously
              doesn't). EVERYBODY else had long since sped down the
              "hill." But I got thoroughly lost and disoriented in the
              pelting snow/hail/lightning/howlingwind which happened on
              THAT day. The Handies Blizzard, et al..... well, you guys
              all remember that one, dontcha?

              Trust me, Carolyn and Jennifer also--for sure!!!--deserve to
              carry the torch. Heck, I'd even light it for 'em and try to
              keep up by riding alongside on my bike.

              Just, F.Y.I.

              Rich "Sonnyboy" Limacher
              aka Butch Casualty
              and/or The (Wasatch) Sundance Kidder

              TheTroubadour@...

              P.S. I also think Harry has bailed my ass out of trouble on
              occasion as well.

              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 17, 2002
                Hey, yeah!! As I recall, I was the one in that group huddled on the Handies
                shoulder who had the most clothing on her body (and was passing some it
                around to others who were less fortunate....) I even captured the moment on
                film! Well, I am looking forward to seeing all of those same people at HR
                2002 (if I make it in, that is) but this time let's not repeat that same
                experience on the Handies shoulder in a sudden June blizzard. Brrrrr!

                Yes, Harry....I will always forgive you!

                Jennifer R.