Re: [hr100] FW: Salt Lake 2002 Olympic Torch Relay

  • Stevan Pattillo
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 15, 2002
      The famous "puppy-pile" on the shoulder below Handies' summit. They, Bozena
      and Ginny, helped all of us make it through that long wait for the snow.
      lightening. wind, and hail to let up. A real HardRock experience!
      Steve
    • LaForme
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 15, 2002
        Oh you guys !

        Actually no one is as selfless as Steve P. who actually ran back DOWN
        Oscars last year during the race to make sure I was OK. I was yelling at him
        to go on, but he wouldn't. can you believe anyone would do this ?
        I'm so proud of Bozena, and glad that she's getting much deserved
        recognition, especialy after her tough year with injuries in '01. Things
        are gonna be different this year for the Plolish terror !.

        Ginny LaForme
        Espanola,NM
        rlaforme@...
        > The famous "puppy-pile" on the shoulder below Handies' summit. They,
        Bozena
        > and Ginny, helped all of us make it through that long wait for the snow.
        > lightening. wind, and hail to let up. A real HardRock experience!
        > Steve

      • Rich Limacher
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 15, 2002
          Yes, Mom, I can.
          HRH is a very special event full of very special people.
          And BTW, I hope everybody's got their postmark today!!!!
          Best wishes to all,
          And to me... another two hours today on StairMaster!
          Rich

          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 15, 2002
            We can't leave Carolyn out of the "puppy pile" story. Without those three
            wonderful ladies of Hardrock we might still be up there waiting for that
            storm to end. Bozena, all us Hardrockers are proud of you, congratulations.
            Harry
          • Trailbuzzard@cs.com
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 15, 2002
              I meant to say "four wonderful ladies of Hardrock". Jennifier, can you ever
              forgive me?
              Harry
            • Rich Limacher
              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 16, 2002
                Dear Friends (ALL of ya!),

                Point of clarification:
                My little tribute to Bozena (+ "Mom") was NOT in reference
                to "the puppy pile." No, the life-saving event which I
                referred to happened on a different day. It was nearer to
                Chapman or Putnam, I think, or at some point coming down
                from Grant-Swamp Pass, if memory serves (which it obviously
                doesn't). EVERYBODY else had long since sped down the
                "hill." But I got thoroughly lost and disoriented in the
                pelting snow/hail/lightning/howlingwind which happened on
                THAT day. The Handies Blizzard, et al..... well, you guys
                all remember that one, dontcha?

                Trust me, Carolyn and Jennifer also--for sure!!!--deserve to
                carry the torch. Heck, I'd even light it for 'em and try to
                keep up by riding alongside on my bike.

                Just, F.Y.I.

                Rich "Sonnyboy" Limacher
                aka Butch Casualty
                and/or The (Wasatch) Sundance Kidder

                TheTroubadour@...

                P.S. I also think Harry has bailed my ass out of trouble on
                occasion as well.

                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 17, 2002
                  Hey, yeah!! As I recall, I was the one in that group huddled on the Handies
                  shoulder who had the most clothing on her body (and was passing some it
                  around to others who were less fortunate....) I even captured the moment on
                  film! Well, I am looking forward to seeing all of those same people at HR
                  2002 (if I make it in, that is) but this time let's not repeat that same
                  experience on the Handies shoulder in a sudden June blizzard. Brrrrr!

                  Yes, Harry....I will always forgive you!

                  Jennifer R.