RE: [hr100] FW: Salt Lake 2002 Olympic Torch Relay

  • Lance Goss
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 14, 2002
      Bozena,

      WOW!!!!!! Congratulations. I hope it is a memorable experience for you. Couldn't happen to a better person.

      Lance

      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 14, 2002
        Bozena, Fantastic! I've never know anyone involved in the torch relay. Get
        some pic's.
        Steve Pattillo
      • Rich Limacher
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 14, 2002
          Let me tell y'all how this particular fine young lady once
          inspired me.

          No, scratch that. She, and Ginny LaForme, I believe saved
          my life!!!

          Yes, it was during trailmarking the Hardrock course, and one
          heck of a hailstorm came up--with LIGHTENING!!! etc., etc.,
          etc.--and that succeeded in scaring the royal
          ess-aitch-eye-tea out of EVERYBODY. Including me. And,
          well, so everybody TOOK OFF!!! Runnin' like
          aitch-eeeee!-double-el. 'Cept me, 'corse, 'cuz I don't run
          so dee-ay-em-en fast.

          That's when Bozena (and Ginny) realized I was probably lost,
          or dead, or something. So, they stopped and waited for
          me--in a still-exposed part of the mountaintop--and hollered
          after me till I eventually found them.

          I will never forget Bozena's care for me in this case, nor
          could I ever forget Ginny. And I just wanted to pass this
          along to EVERYBODY because if ANYBODY ever deserved to carry
          this torch, it's GOTTABE Bozena.

          (Ginny too, of course, but she lives in the desert. And
          NOBODY ever lives in a desert. Eh, my friend??? :)

          Congratulations, Bozena. Run like the wind with it (but
          carry some matches just in case. :-)

          Rich Limacher
          TheTroubadour@...

          Yankee Folly for the Day:
          Years ago we prepared for winter by taking down the screens
          and putting up storm windows, caulking, lighting the
          furnace, stuffing old towels under the doors, changing the
          rear tires on the car to snows, and grabbing the shovel out
          of the shed. Now days, we just move to Florida.

[...]

        • Maslanka, Bozena (SC)
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 15, 2002
            You are all so sweet.
            Little update on the time and location.
            Time of my segment will take place at 17:58 military time (5:58 pm)
            City: Seaside,Ca
            Description of Relay segment: From intersection of Fremont Ave at Canyon del
            Ray Blvd to pass Family Health Center at #11-50 Fremont Ave. between Kimball
            Ave and Hilby Ave
            If you are from this area please come to see the event, if not watch for
            your town Olympic Torch Relay.
            See you all at Hardrock (if I don't get in this year perhaps next year)
            Love you all.
            Keep running
            Bozena

            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 15, 2002
              The famous "puppy-pile" on the shoulder below Handies' summit. They, Bozena
              and Ginny, helped all of us make it through that long wait for the snow.
              lightening. wind, and hail to let up. A real HardRock experience!
              Steve
            • LaForme
              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 15, 2002
                Oh you guys !

                Actually no one is as selfless as Steve P. who actually ran back DOWN
                Oscars last year during the race to make sure I was OK. I was yelling at him
                to go on, but he wouldn't. can you believe anyone would do this ?
                I'm so proud of Bozena, and glad that she's getting much deserved
                recognition, especialy after her tough year with injuries in '01. Things
                are gonna be different this year for the Plolish terror !.

                Ginny LaForme
                Espanola,NM
                rlaforme@...
                > The famous "puppy-pile" on the shoulder below Handies' summit. They,
                Bozena
                > and Ginny, helped all of us make it through that long wait for the snow.
                > lightening. wind, and hail to let up. A real HardRock experience!
                > Steve

              • Rich Limacher
                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 15, 2002
                  Yes, Mom, I can.
                  HRH is a very special event full of very special people.
                  And BTW, I hope everybody's got their postmark today!!!!
                  Best wishes to all,
                  And to me... another two hours today on StairMaster!
                  Rich

                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 15, 2002
                    We can't leave Carolyn out of the "puppy pile" story. Without those three
                    wonderful ladies of Hardrock we might still be up there waiting for that
                    storm to end. Bozena, all us Hardrockers are proud of you, congratulations.
                    Harry
                  • Trailbuzzard@cs.com
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jan 15, 2002
                      I meant to say "four wonderful ladies of Hardrock". Jennifier, can you ever
                      forgive me?
                      Harry
                    • Rich Limacher
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jan 16, 2002
                        Dear Friends (ALL of ya!),

                        Point of clarification:
                        My little tribute to Bozena (+ "Mom") was NOT in reference
                        to "the puppy pile." No, the life-saving event which I
                        referred to happened on a different day. It was nearer to
                        Chapman or Putnam, I think, or at some point coming down
                        from Grant-Swamp Pass, if memory serves (which it obviously
                        doesn't). EVERYBODY else had long since sped down the
                        "hill." But I got thoroughly lost and disoriented in the
                        pelting snow/hail/lightning/howlingwind which happened on
                        THAT day. The Handies Blizzard, et al..... well, you guys
                        all remember that one, dontcha?

                        Trust me, Carolyn and Jennifer also--for sure!!!--deserve to
                        carry the torch. Heck, I'd even light it for 'em and try to
                        keep up by riding alongside on my bike.

                        Just, F.Y.I.

                        Rich "Sonnyboy" Limacher
                        aka Butch Casualty
                        and/or The (Wasatch) Sundance Kidder

                        TheTroubadour@...

                        P.S. I also think Harry has bailed my ass out of trouble on
                        occasion as well.

                        Message 11 of 12 , Jan 17, 2002
                          Hey, yeah!! As I recall, I was the one in that group huddled on the Handies
                          shoulder who had the most clothing on her body (and was passing some it
                          around to others who were less fortunate....) I even captured the moment on
                          film! Well, I am looking forward to seeing all of those same people at HR
                          2002 (if I make it in, that is) but this time let's not repeat that same
                          experience on the Handies shoulder in a sudden June blizzard. Brrrrr!

                          Yes, Harry....I will always forgive you!

                          Jennifer R.