[hr100] Re: water

  • Blake P. Wood
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 25, 2000
      Very true! This was a real revelation to me, since I hadn't
      been out for a second night before without getting at least some
      sleep. I'd already been over that particular section of trail
      three times THAT DAY, in addition to six add'l times in my
      previous two runnings of Barkley, and parts of it still looked
      so unfamiliar that I ran back for a ways along the trail,
      convinced that I must have missed a turn, all the while knowing
      that I COULDN'T have missed a turn, since there weren't
      any. When I finally gave up and returned to camp, I had the
      same thing happen on a different section of trail that I'd been
      over only a couple hours before. Very weird!

      - Blake

      Blake P. Wood
      Physics Div., Plasma Physics Group P-24, MS-E526,
      Los Alamos Nat'l Lab, Los Alamos NM 87545
      (505) 665-6524 Fax: (505) 665-3552 bwood@...
      http://microserf.lanl.gov/bpw/bpwplan.html

      Matt Mahoney wrote:
      >Blake Wood and David Horton can both tell you about the
      second >night effect at Barkley (1400-3300 ft). It interferes
      with