virus

  • Roger Wiegand
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 13, 2001
      Hello,

      You are in my address book, and it is therefore possible that you have
      received the sulfnbk.exe virus from me. I just got the message pasted
      below, found the virus and zapped it (following the rather trivial
      directions). I recommend that you do the same. I apologize for causing
      this trouble and hope that you will act quickly enough to be sure no
      damage is done.

      Roger

      I was sent an email to check my computer for this virus. I found the
      SULFNBK.EXE virus in my windows command file. It spreads itself through
      the address book and you are in my address book. I am sorry and I do
      apologize Follow the instructions to get rid of it.

      This is a virus that is spread from address book to address book. It is
      apparently undetectable by
      Norton
      and McAfee. It remains dormant for abut 14 days then activates and wipes
      out the hard drive data.
      The directions for removing it are easy.
      1. Go to 'start' - then to 'find or search' (depending on your computer)
      2. In the 'search for files or folders' type in: sulfnbk.exe This is
      the virus.
      3. In the 'look in' make sure you're searching Drive C.
      4. Hit 'search' button (or find)
      5. If this file shows up (it's an ugly blackish icon that will
      have the name 'sulfnbk.exe') DO NOT OPEN IT
      6. Right click on the file - go down to delete and left click.
      7. I will ask you if you want to send it to the recycle bin, say yes.
      8. Go to your desktop (where all your icons are) and double click on the
      recycle bin.
      9. Right click on sulfnbk.exe
      e and delete again - or empty the bin.
      If you find it send this email to all in your address book, because
      that's how it's transferred. Again, my apologies if you got it
      from me.