RE: [hr100] Apologies To All

  • Maslanka, Bozena (SC)
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 15, 2001
      Matt,
      I need to apologize for the comments I made to you. You will always be my
      friend no matter what. Looking back at my poor performance every time at
      Hardrock makes everyone question my ability. I keep coming back to Hardrock
      because I love the race, the runners, race directors, volunteers.
      I come early and spend time with my friends trail marking, listening to
      everyone's interesting stories.
      The last time Joel Zuker run at Hardrock I was with him for most of the
      race. Since we were the last two runners he made sure that I didn't get
      lost. I got stock in mud knee deep and was not able to get out of it,
      without Joel and two of our pacers I might still be out there stuck in the
      mud.
      I'm sure the front runners don't have the kind of stories to tell like us. I
      bet that the rocks are not moving for them, they don't see Dinosaurs, cars
      on trail, Knights and other interesting objects.
      My English is not so good but I'm trying to make a point that we are all
      unique and all love Hardrock.
      We should let the race committee decide what the requirements are for the
      race entry, so far they have done outstanding job.
      Sorry again the outburst, you are still my friend.
      Bozena
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 15, 2001
        --- "Maslanka, Bozena (SC)" <bmaslank@...>
        wrote:
        > Matt,
        > I need to apologize for the comments I made to you.
        > You will always be my
        > friend no matter what.

        Apology accepted. And I didn't mean to upset you with
        my comments. I don't envy the people who have to
        select who gets to run Hardrock. They are going to
        make some people unhappy no matter what.

        I think we first ran together in 1998 on the Bear
        Creek trail at night, although you probably didn't
        know it. You had a pacer and I could not keep up
        descending to the Uncompahgre river. I eventually
        DNFed with 51 hours.

        =====

        http://personals.yahoo.com
      • Dick Huff
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 15, 2001
          This is what Hardrock is all about: People that care about each other. What
          a Great event. Thanks to Dale and all the Directiors. It is truly a unique
          event and I believe the town of Silverton is a Huge contributing factor.

          > > I need to apologize for the comments I made to you.
          > > You will always be my
          > > friend no matter what.
          >
          > Apology accepted. And I didn't mean to upset you with
          > my comments. I don't envy the people who have to
          > select who gets to run Hardrock. They are going to
          > make some people unhappy no matter what.
          >
          > I think we first ran together in 1998 on the Bear
          > Creek trail at night, although you probably didn't
          > know it. You had a pacer and I could not keep up
          > descending to the Uncompahgre river. I eventually
          > DNFed with 51 hours.
          >
          > =====
          > -- Matt Mahoney, matmahoney@...

        • Herr, Dennis B.
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 16, 2001
            Aw geez. You mean everybody kissed
            and made up? That's no fun!

            This is what Hardrock is all about: People that care about each other. What
            a Great event. Thanks to Dale and all the Directiors. It is truly a unique
            event and I believe the town of Silverton is a Huge contributing factor.

            > > I need to apologize for the comments I made to you.
            > > You will always be my
            > > friend no matter what.
            >
            > Apology accepted. And I didn't mean to upset you with
            > my comments. I don't envy the people who have to
            > select who gets to run Hardrock. They are going to
            > make some people unhappy no matter what.
            >
            > I think we first ran together in 1998 on the Bear
            > Creek trail at night, although you probably didn't
            > know it. You had a pacer and I could not keep up
            > descending to the Uncompahgre river. I eventually
            > DNFed with 51 hours.
            >
            > =====
            > -- Matt Mahoney, matmahoney@...

          • LaForme
            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 16, 2001
              Ok Animal
              When are you gonna get a shave and a haircut and learn how to wear clothes ?
              Ginny LaForme
              Espanola,NM
              rlaforme@...
              > This is what Hardrock is all about: People that care about each other.
              What
              > a Great event. Thanks to Dale and all the Directiors. It is truly a
              unique
              > event and I believe the town of Silverton is a Huge contributing factor.

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            • Herr, Dennis B.

                > This is what Hardrock is all about: People that care about each other.
                What
                > a Great event. Thanks to Dale and all the Directiors. It is truly a
                unique
                > event and I believe the town of Silverton is a Huge contributing factor.

              • csyates
                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 18, 2001
                  Hey Matt, You didn't DNF! At HR you just finished the race a little over
                  cutoff. Bet you don't get lost on the last leg again. Carl
                  > > I need to apologize for the comments I made to you.
                  > > You will always be my
                  > > friend no matter what.
                  >
                  > Apology accepted. And I didn't mean to upset you with
                  > my comments. I don't envy the people who have to
                  > select who gets to run Hardrock. They are going to
                  > make some people unhappy no matter what.
                  >
                  > I think we first ran together in 1998 on the Bear
                  > Creek trail at night, although you probably didn't
                  > know it. You had a pacer and I could not keep up
                  > descending to the Uncompahgre river. I eventually
                  > DNFed with 51 hours.
                  >
                  > =====
                  > -- Matt Mahoney, matmahoney@...

                • carolyn erdman
                  Message 8 of 12 , Dec 10 6:51 AM
                    Does anyone know if that is Jan Fiala's son on the inside back cover or
                    Axis Magazine?//
                    Carolyn