Re: [hr100] Apologies To All

  • ket@esper.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 14, 2001
      many people understand your feeling. i just try to consider the source. the
      appology was thoughtful. kerry trammellAt 06:08 PM 11/13/2001 -0700, you
      wrote:
      >Greetings To All
      >
      >My apologies. I was definitely out-of-line.
      >My email (toward Matt) was quite obviously and intentionally personal.
      >It was also obviously a personal attack. No excuses.
      >I can only say I'm sorry for involving everyone else.
      >
      >I quite obviously have a problem with Matt's perpetual emails (about
      >himself)
      >That is my problem. No need to involve you all.
      >>From now on, if Matt and I have personal issues to discuss
      >we can do so off line.
      >

      >Incidentally, my originating email was not really intended for my own
      >good.
      >My training partner has repeatedly expressed concern about her continued
      >ability to get into the Hardrock
      >I thought I would stir the pot and wave the flag in her behalf.
      >That is what friends and training partners are for
      >
      >Maybe the good outcome of all this is that it will run its course
      >and everyone will have their say in the next few days.
      >Then when the HR100 selection committee does their thing at the end of
      >Janurary
      >they wont need a raft of lawyers to defend their decisions.
      >So look at the bright side, there may be a benefit in all this.
      >
      >Again my apologies for engaging in personal business over the group
      >chatroom
      >
      >Jim Fisher

    • Maslanka, Bozena (SC)
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 15, 2001
        Matt,
        I need to apologize for the comments I made to you. You will always be my
        friend no matter what. Looking back at my poor performance every time at
        Hardrock makes everyone question my ability. I keep coming back to Hardrock
        because I love the race, the runners, race directors, volunteers.
        I come early and spend time with my friends trail marking, listening to
        everyone's interesting stories.
        The last time Joel Zuker run at Hardrock I was with him for most of the
        race. Since we were the last two runners he made sure that I didn't get
        lost. I got stock in mud knee deep and was not able to get out of it,
        without Joel and two of our pacers I might still be out there stuck in the
        mud.
        I'm sure the front runners don't have the kind of stories to tell like us. I
        bet that the rocks are not moving for them, they don't see Dinosaurs, cars
        on trail, Knights and other interesting objects.
        My English is not so good but I'm trying to make a point that we are all
        unique and all love Hardrock.
        We should let the race committee decide what the requirements are for the
        race entry, so far they have done outstanding job.
        Sorry again the outburst, you are still my friend.
        Bozena
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 15, 2001
          --- "Maslanka, Bozena (SC)" <bmaslank@...>
          wrote:
          > Matt,
          > I need to apologize for the comments I made to you.
          > You will always be my
          > friend no matter what.

          Apology accepted. And I didn't mean to upset you with
          my comments. I don't envy the people who have to
          select who gets to run Hardrock. They are going to
          make some people unhappy no matter what.

          I think we first ran together in 1998 on the Bear
          Creek trail at night, although you probably didn't
          know it. You had a pacer and I could not keep up
          descending to the Uncompahgre river. I eventually
          DNFed with 51 hours.

          =====

          http://personals.yahoo.com
        • Dick Huff
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 15, 2001
            This is what Hardrock is all about: People that care about each other. What
            a Great event. Thanks to Dale and all the Directiors. It is truly a unique
            event and I believe the town of Silverton is a Huge contributing factor.

            > > I need to apologize for the comments I made to you.
            > > You will always be my
            > > friend no matter what.
            >
            > Apology accepted. And I didn't mean to upset you with
            > my comments. I don't envy the people who have to
            > select who gets to run Hardrock. They are going to
            > make some people unhappy no matter what.
            >
            > I think we first ran together in 1998 on the Bear
            > Creek trail at night, although you probably didn't
            > know it. You had a pacer and I could not keep up
            > descending to the Uncompahgre river. I eventually
            > DNFed with 51 hours.
            >
            > =====
            > -- Matt Mahoney, matmahoney@...

          • Herr, Dennis B.
            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 16, 2001
              Aw geez. You mean everybody kissed
              and made up? That's no fun!

              This is what Hardrock is all about: People that care about each other. What
              a Great event. Thanks to Dale and all the Directiors. It is truly a unique
              event and I believe the town of Silverton is a Huge contributing factor.

              > > I need to apologize for the comments I made to you.
              > > You will always be my
              > > friend no matter what.
              >
              > Apology accepted. And I didn't mean to upset you with
              > my comments. I don't envy the people who have to
              > select who gets to run Hardrock. They are going to
              > make some people unhappy no matter what.
              >
              > I think we first ran together in 1998 on the Bear
              > Creek trail at night, although you probably didn't
              > know it. You had a pacer and I could not keep up
              > descending to the Uncompahgre river. I eventually
              > DNFed with 51 hours.
              >
              > =====
              > -- Matt Mahoney, matmahoney@...

            • LaForme
              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 16, 2001
                Ok Animal
                When are you gonna get a shave and a haircut and learn how to wear clothes ?
                Ginny LaForme
                Espanola,NM
                rlaforme@...
                > This is what Hardrock is all about: People that care about each other.
                What
                > a Great event. Thanks to Dale and all the Directiors. It is truly a
                unique
                > event and I believe the town of Silverton is a Huge contributing factor.

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              • Herr, Dennis B.
                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 16, 2001
                  Let's rumble, Ginny!

                  > This is what Hardrock is all about: People that care about each other.
                  What
                  > a Great event. Thanks to Dale and all the Directiors. It is truly a
                  unique
                  > event and I believe the town of Silverton is a Huge contributing factor.

                • csyates
                  Message 8 of 12 , Nov 18, 2001
                    Hey Matt, You didn't DNF! At HR you just finished the race a little over
                    cutoff. Bet you don't get lost on the last leg again. Carl
                    > > I need to apologize for the comments I made to you.
                    > > You will always be my
                    > > friend no matter what.
                    >
                    > Apology accepted. And I didn't mean to upset you with
                    > my comments. I don't envy the people who have to
                    > select who gets to run Hardrock. They are going to
                    > make some people unhappy no matter what.
                    >
                    > I think we first ran together in 1998 on the Bear
                    > Creek trail at night, although you probably didn't
                    > know it. You had a pacer and I could not keep up
                    > descending to the Uncompahgre river. I eventually
                    > DNFed with 51 hours.
                    >
                    > =====
                    > -- Matt Mahoney, matmahoney@...

                  • carolyn erdman
                    Message 9 of 12 , Dec 10, 2001
                      Does anyone know if that is Jan Fiala's son on the inside back cover or
                      Axis Magazine?//
                      Carolyn