RE: [hr100] Hardrock Hundred Clarification

  • Herr, Dennis B.
    Message 1 of 21 , Nov 14, 2001
      Obviously, the Hardrock Committee is a victim
      of its own success, so maybe it's time to raise
      the ante. How about no crews, no aid stations
      and no course markings (except on your maps)?
      In other words, no more pampering. That should
      cut out some of the deadwood. Call it a natural
      selection process. It should make the committee's
      job a lot easier. Remember, this is billed as a
      post-grad event. I'm sure Matt would be the first
      to endorse this format.

      dennis
      Message 2 of 21 , Nov 14, 2001
        --- "Herr, Dennis B." <dennis_herr@...> wrote:
        > Obviously, the Hardrock Committee is a victim
        > of its own success, so maybe it's time to raise
        > the ante. How about no crews, no aid stations
        > and no course markings (except on your maps)?
        > In other words, no more pampering. That should
        > cut out some of the deadwood. Call it a natural
        > selection process. It should make the committee's
        > job a lot easier. Remember, this is billed as a
        > post-grad event. I'm sure Matt would be the first
        > to endorse this format.

        Great idea. In fact we can be flexible about the
        starting time and date. Just go run the course on
        your own and tell us how long it took. We can even
        drop the entry fee and qualifications. And for those
        who are bored with the current course or don't think
        it's tough enough, I can suggest a few changes around
        Sneffels, Sunshine, and Redcloud.

        =====

        http://personals.yahoo.com
      • Stevan Pattillo
        Message 3 of 21 , Nov 14, 2001
          But, But, But? No T-shirt? Now that is going too far!
          Steve