Apologies To All

  • jfisher
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 13, 2001
      Greetings To All

      My apologies. I was definitely out-of-line.
      My email (toward Matt) was quite obviously and intentionally personal.
      It was also obviously a personal attack. No excuses.
      I can only say I'm sorry for involving everyone else.

      I quite obviously have a problem with Matt's perpetual emails (about
      himself)
      That is my problem. No need to involve you all.
      From now on, if Matt and I have personal issues to discuss
      we can do so off line.

      Incidentally, my originating email was not really intended for my own
      good.
      My training partner has repeatedly expressed concern about her continued
      ability to get into the Hardrock
      I thought I would stir the pot and wave the flag in her behalf.
      That is what friends and training partners are for

      Maybe the good outcome of all this is that it will run its course
      and everyone will have their say in the next few days.
      Then when the HR100 selection committee does their thing at the end of
      Janurary
      they wont need a raft of lawyers to defend their decisions.
      So look at the bright side, there may be a benefit in all this.

      Again my apologies for engaging in personal business over the group
      chatroom

      Jim Fisher
    • Leslie Trammell
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 13, 2001
        YOU...are quite awesome!!!!!!....i think i know you......yes...you are a
        friend of mine!!!!!!!!
        Take care!!!!!!!!!! leslie :o)

        jfisher wrote:

        > Greetings To All
        >
        > My apologies. I was definitely out-of-line.
        > My email (toward Matt) was quite obviously and intentionally personal.
        > It was also obviously a personal attack. No excuses.
        > I can only say I'm sorry for involving everyone else.
        >
        > I quite obviously have a problem with Matt's perpetual emails (about
        > himself)
        > That is my problem. No need to involve you all.
        > >From now on, if Matt and I have personal issues to discuss
        > we can do so off line.
        >
        > Incidentally, my originating email was not really intended for my own
        > good.
        > My training partner has repeatedly expressed concern about her continued
        > ability to get into the Hardrock
        > I thought I would stir the pot and wave the flag in her behalf.
        > That is what friends and training partners are for
        >
        > Maybe the good outcome of all this is that it will run its course
        > and everyone will have their say in the next few days.
        > Then when the HR100 selection committee does their thing at the end of
        > Janurary
        > they wont need a raft of lawyers to defend their decisions.
        > So look at the bright side, there may be a benefit in all this.
        >
        > Again my apologies for engaging in personal business over the group
        > chatroom
        >
        > Jim Fisher

      • Stevan Pattillo
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 14, 2001
          Jimmy, I hope you know I wasn't pilling-on for your note to Matt,. I was
          just asking for restraint and that respect be practiced. We are all friends
          and may loose sight of the way that email can be, because of it's immediate
          nature, rather a bit too blunt an instrument for some kinds of discussions.
          Take care all
          Steve
        • ket@esper.com
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 14, 2001
            many people understand your feeling. i just try to consider the source. the
            appology was thoughtful. kerry trammellAt 06:08 PM 11/13/2001 -0700, you
            wrote:
            >Greetings To All
            >
            >My apologies. I was definitely out-of-line.
            >My email (toward Matt) was quite obviously and intentionally personal.
            >It was also obviously a personal attack. No excuses.
            >I can only say I'm sorry for involving everyone else.
            >
            >I quite obviously have a problem with Matt's perpetual emails (about
            >himself)
            >That is my problem. No need to involve you all.
            >>From now on, if Matt and I have personal issues to discuss
            >we can do so off line.
            >

            >Incidentally, my originating email was not really intended for my own
            >good.
            >My training partner has repeatedly expressed concern about her continued
            >ability to get into the Hardrock
            >I thought I would stir the pot and wave the flag in her behalf.
            >That is what friends and training partners are for
            >
            >Maybe the good outcome of all this is that it will run its course
            >and everyone will have their say in the next few days.
            >Then when the HR100 selection committee does their thing at the end of
            >Janurary
            >they wont need a raft of lawyers to defend their decisions.
            >So look at the bright side, there may be a benefit in all this.
            >
            >Again my apologies for engaging in personal business over the group
            >chatroom
            >
            >Jim Fisher

          • Maslanka, Bozena (SC)
            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 15, 2001
              Matt,
              I need to apologize for the comments I made to you. You will always be my
              friend no matter what. Looking back at my poor performance every time at
              Hardrock makes everyone question my ability. I keep coming back to Hardrock
              because I love the race, the runners, race directors, volunteers.
              I come early and spend time with my friends trail marking, listening to
              everyone's interesting stories.
              The last time Joel Zuker run at Hardrock I was with him for most of the
              race. Since we were the last two runners he made sure that I didn't get
              lost. I got stock in mud knee deep and was not able to get out of it,
              without Joel and two of our pacers I might still be out there stuck in the
              mud.
              I'm sure the front runners don't have the kind of stories to tell like us. I
              bet that the rocks are not moving for them, they don't see Dinosaurs, cars
              on trail, Knights and other interesting objects.
              My English is not so good but I'm trying to make a point that we are all
              unique and all love Hardrock.
              We should let the race committee decide what the requirements are for the
              race entry, so far they have done outstanding job.
              Sorry again the outburst, you are still my friend.
              Bozena
              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 15, 2001
                --- "Maslanka, Bozena (SC)" <bmaslank@...>
                wrote:
                > Matt,
                > I need to apologize for the comments I made to you.
                > You will always be my
                > friend no matter what.

                Apology accepted. And I didn't mean to upset you with
                my comments. I don't envy the people who have to
                select who gets to run Hardrock. They are going to
                make some people unhappy no matter what.

                I think we first ran together in 1998 on the Bear
                Creek trail at night, although you probably didn't
                know it. You had a pacer and I could not keep up
                descending to the Uncompahgre river. I eventually
                DNFed with 51 hours.

                =====

                http://personals.yahoo.com
              • Dick Huff
                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 15, 2001
                  This is what Hardrock is all about: People that care about each other. What
                  a Great event. Thanks to Dale and all the Directiors. It is truly a unique
                  event and I believe the town of Silverton is a Huge contributing factor.

                  > > I need to apologize for the comments I made to you.
                  > > You will always be my
                  > > friend no matter what.
                  >
                  > Apology accepted. And I didn't mean to upset you with
                  > my comments. I don't envy the people who have to
                  > select who gets to run Hardrock. They are going to
                  > make some people unhappy no matter what.
                  >
                  > I think we first ran together in 1998 on the Bear
                  > Creek trail at night, although you probably didn't
                  > know it. You had a pacer and I could not keep up
                  > descending to the Uncompahgre river. I eventually
                  > DNFed with 51 hours.
                  >
                  > =====
                  > -- Matt Mahoney, matmahoney@...

                • Herr, Dennis B.
                  Message 8 of 12 , Nov 16, 2001
                    Aw geez. You mean everybody kissed
                    and made up? That's no fun!

                    This is what Hardrock is all about: People that care about each other. What
                    a Great event. Thanks to Dale and all the Directiors. It is truly a unique
                    event and I believe the town of Silverton is a Huge contributing factor.

                    > > I need to apologize for the comments I made to you.
                    > > You will always be my
                    > > friend no matter what.
                    >
                    > Apology accepted. And I didn't mean to upset you with
                    > my comments. I don't envy the people who have to
                    > select who gets to run Hardrock. They are going to
                    > make some people unhappy no matter what.
                    >
                    > I think we first ran together in 1998 on the Bear
                    > Creek trail at night, although you probably didn't
                    > know it. You had a pacer and I could not keep up
                    > descending to the Uncompahgre river. I eventually
                    > DNFed with 51 hours.
                    >
                    > =====
                    > -- Matt Mahoney, matmahoney@...

                  • LaForme
                    Message 9 of 12 , Nov 16, 2001
                      Ok Animal
                      When are you gonna get a shave and a haircut and learn how to wear clothes ?
                      Ginny LaForme
                      Espanola,NM
                      rlaforme@...
                      > This is what Hardrock is all about: People that care about each other.
                      What
                      > a Great event. Thanks to Dale and all the Directiors. It is truly a
                      unique
                      > event and I believe the town of Silverton is a Huge contributing factor.

                      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                    • Herr, Dennis B.
                      Message 10 of 12 , Nov 16, 2001
                        Let's rumble, Ginny!

                        > This is what Hardrock is all about: People that care about each other.
                        What
                        > a Great event. Thanks to Dale and all the Directiors. It is truly a
                        unique
                        > event and I believe the town of Silverton is a Huge contributing factor.

                      • csyates
                        Message 11 of 12 , Nov 18, 2001
                          Hey Matt, You didn't DNF! At HR you just finished the race a little over
                          cutoff. Bet you don't get lost on the last leg again. Carl
                          > > I need to apologize for the comments I made to you.
                          > > You will always be my
                          > > friend no matter what.
                          >
                          > Apology accepted. And I didn't mean to upset you with
                          > my comments. I don't envy the people who have to
                          > select who gets to run Hardrock. They are going to
                          > make some people unhappy no matter what.
                          >
                          > I think we first ran together in 1998 on the Bear
                          > Creek trail at night, although you probably didn't
                          > know it. You had a pacer and I could not keep up
                          > descending to the Uncompahgre river. I eventually
                          > DNFed with 51 hours.
                          >
                          > =====
                          > -- Matt Mahoney, matmahoney@...

                        • carolyn erdman
                          Message 12 of 12 , Dec 10, 2001
                            Does anyone know if that is Jan Fiala's son on the inside back cover or
                            Axis Magazine?//
                            Carolyn