Re: [hr100] Red Mountain Motel

  • Richard Hypio
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 18, 2001
      You are not the only odd man out. Richard, the kids, our dog(s) and I have
      always felt the Red Mountain Inn has been more than flexible and supportive
      with our family and extraneous bodies we brought with us as pacers, crew.
      I'm not sure a boycott is necessary. Perhaps Tom and Liz need to revisit
      the situation with the owners? It seems odd that there are so many varied
      experiences.

      Anita Evans/Richard Hypio

      ----------

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 18, 2001
        In case you're looking for a less expensive place to
        stay (like free), try the South Mineral campground 3
        mi. W of Silverton. It's not the most luxurious
        accomodations, but they do have a pit toilet, soft
        level areas for your tent, and don't require 4WD.

        =====

        http://personals.yahoo.com
      • John Robinson
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 19, 2001
          Hi Max,
          It was great running with you some at Hardrock this year. I wish I could have done Rainier too, but I guess there's to many great run's and not enough time. Anyway, I have a CD of Hardrock pictures that I can send to you if you want it. I think you & Springer are in at least some of them.
          I've been taking it easy, but I think i'm going to do the HURT 100 in January so i've started to do more training now. Hope your training is going okay.
          John Robinson
          http://www.geocities.com/timberlinejohn

          Max Welker <ultramax@...> wrote: Guess I'm the odd man out. When I made my reservation I was quoted a lower price than they were going to charge when I registered. The higher price was due to my two pacers staying
          with us for a couple of nights. When I objected, he said that this should have been explained to me when I made the reservation, but that since it wasn't he charged me the lower price.

          I'm afraid I can't join the boycott anyway, since this is the only place in Silverton other than the hostel where my dogs can stay (including rental houses). I do agree that he treated Tom and Liz poorly, so if anyone knows of another place in town that will accept dogs, please let me know.

          Max Welker

        • Dick Huff
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 19, 2001
            HOW ABOUT NO MORE PERSONAL EMAILS ON THIS SITE!!!. WE/I DO NOT CARE, ONLY
            PERTINENT INFOR REGARDING HARDROCK WOULD BE APPRECIATED. I WOULD APPRECIATE
            POSITIVE/NEGATIVE RESPONSES TO THIS REQUEST. I AM BRACING MYSELF!!!!

            THANK YOU!!!