Red Mountain Motel

  • Max Welker
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 18, 2001
      Guess I'm the odd man out. When I made my reservation I was quoted a lower price than they were going to charge when I registered. The higher price was due to my two pacers staying
      with us for a couple of nights. When I objected, he said that this should have been explained to me when I made the reservation, but that since it wasn't he charged me the lower price.

      I'm afraid I can't join the boycott anyway, since this is the only place in Silverton other than the hostel where my dogs can stay (including rental houses). I do agree that he treated Tom and Liz poorly, so if anyone knows of another place in town that will accept dogs, please let me know.

      Max Welker
    • Steve Pero
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 18, 2001
        Max...

        You might want to ask Tom and Steph Burrell at the Avon...they're really
        nice people and really like the HRH runners. Due to no advertising other
        than word of mouth, their place was almost empty during race week. I told
        them I could probably fill it next year, if they'd like.
        The only ones that stayed there, that I know of or could see, was Sue
        Johnston and her husband, Tom and Liz and Mark and Margaret Heaphy and Deb
        and I.
        I don't have Tom's email here at work, but I can send it to you if you want
        when I get home.
        Only thing about the Avon is that they have it up for sale and if it sells,
        all could change. It's been for sale for a few years, so I'm hopeful that
        they don't sell it ;-)

        seeya next July,
        Steve

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 18, 2001
          You are not the only odd man out. Richard, the kids, our dog(s) and I have
          always felt the Red Mountain Inn has been more than flexible and supportive
          with our family and extraneous bodies we brought with us as pacers, crew.
          I'm not sure a boycott is necessary. Perhaps Tom and Liz need to revisit
          the situation with the owners? It seems odd that there are so many varied
          experiences.

          Anita Evans/Richard Hypio

          ----------

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 18, 2001
            In case you're looking for a less expensive place to
            stay (like free), try the South Mineral campground 3
            mi. W of Silverton. It's not the most luxurious
            accomodations, but they do have a pit toilet, soft
            level areas for your tent, and don't require 4WD.

            =====

            http://personals.yahoo.com
          • John Robinson
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 19, 2001
              Hi Max,
              It was great running with you some at Hardrock this year. I wish I could have done Rainier too, but I guess there's to many great run's and not enough time. Anyway, I have a CD of Hardrock pictures that I can send to you if you want it. I think you & Springer are in at least some of them.
              I've been taking it easy, but I think i'm going to do the HURT 100 in January so i've started to do more training now. Hope your training is going okay.
              John Robinson
              http://www.geocities.com/timberlinejohn

              Max Welker <ultramax@...> wrote: Guess I'm the odd man out. When I made my reservation I was quoted a lower price than they were going to charge when I registered. The higher price was due to my two pacers staying
              with us for a couple of nights. When I objected, he said that this should have been explained to me when I made the reservation, but that since it wasn't he charged me the lower price.

              I'm afraid I can't join the boycott anyway, since this is the only place in Silverton other than the hostel where my dogs can stay (including rental houses). I do agree that he treated Tom and Liz poorly, so if anyone knows of another place in town that will accept dogs, please let me know.

              Max Welker

            • Dick Huff
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 19, 2001
                HOW ABOUT NO MORE PERSONAL EMAILS ON THIS SITE!!!. WE/I DO NOT CARE, ONLY
                PERTINENT INFOR REGARDING HARDROCK WOULD BE APPRECIATED. I WOULD APPRECIATE
                POSITIVE/NEGATIVE RESPONSES TO THIS REQUEST. I AM BRACING MYSELF!!!!

                THANK YOU!!!