Lodging Problem

  • Liz McGoff n Tom Hayes
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 15, 2001
      Hi,

      I am sending this partly because we are very angry with the proprietor of the Red Mountain RV Park and Motel (Jim Lokey) and partly to protect anybody who might do business with him.. Last winter we made reservations for two rooms for three nights for our crew during Hardrock. We also made reservations at a ski hut. Two months later we decided to stay at the Avon Hotel and cancelled the ski hut but forgot about the motel. Upon our return we discovered that we had been charged the entire $600. We tried to work with Jim by first offering to pay for up to half the bill and then later asking that he give us $300 credit towards a room next summer. He won't budge in any direction. He says that is his policy after a person arrived two days late and that person was angry when his room wasn't held for him. Personally we can see paying for the first night but think he should have cancelled the next two nights. We know he is within his rights but believe good-will is worth a lot in the personal service business. Since he seems to be lacking in good-will we are asking for a boycott of a motel that does business in such a manner.

      Tom Hayes
      Liz McGoff
      Bozeman, Montana