Bear

  • Liz McGoff & Tom Hayes
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2001
      Hi - I guess I need to make this somewhat Hardrock related so I will say that the Bear is a beautiful run, mostly on trails with about a third of remote gravel roads thrown in. There are lots of aspens and other deciduous trees mixed in with pines to make the fall colors very prominent. But it is not as hard or as spectacular as Hardrock! Pictures and results at: http://www.hobblecreekoa.com/bear_100.htm

      The primary purpose of this email is to see if anybody knows Betsy Kalmeyer's email address. If so, tell her she can contact Tom Rowe at: trowe@...

      Thanks,
      Tom Hayes
      Bozeman, Montana
    • Liz N Tom
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 15, 2004
        Sorry to mail this to the whole list but I have tried several people attempting to get Kirk Apt's email address and been unsuccessful. At least this is better reading than how to get the best mortgage in the whole world. In case you didn't know, The Bear is a neat little race. Not quite as little as it used to be but still homey feeling, very well supported at aid stations, quite pretty in the fall, very runnable but few gravel roads (lots of ATV type trails), and quite well-marked these days. I ended up running the last ten miles with Kirk Apt, who I am sure must be on this list, which is the purpose of this email.

        Hi Kirk,

        It was fun running with you at the end. And thanks for gels. I don't think I would have done as well if I had to eat real food out there!

        Do you have an email for Chris? My friend that was there took some digital pictures he thinks Chris might like.

        Tom