Fw: HR

  • csyates
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2001
      From: csyates
      To: dunnrd@...
      Sent: Friday, August 03, 2001 9:03 AM
      Subject: HR

      Sounds familiar Randy, like me in '97. I'd been barely making the cutoffs but figured I had it made when I left Cunningham just before 1AM. I didn't start worrying until I was on the road. I started running and dropped my gear after I crossed the creek. Didn't dare look at my watch; just kept running 8until I heard the damn clock start chiming 6. I only had to go to the Kendal Mtn. hut then not across town.
      I guess it's a lot tougher to miss it by so little than by 21' like I did, but I wish there had been someone at Cunningham to warn me how I'd have to really move to make it. I've missed other 100's by much less (Superior and the Leadville mtn. bike) but you don't get a listing there unless you make the cutoff. It is pretty darn nice to get your finish mentioned when you make all the cutoffs except the last. Guess we have to thank Dale for that! HR is the best! Carl Yates