re.

  • steve
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30 7:29 PM
      I signed up for this site after not being able to contact steve pero
      through my regular mail, but read the topic about the glowing eyes
      with interest, but I have to respond, steve p wrote

      "In '98 my wife/pacer and I were wandering down the road from the
      Uncompahgre river crossing toward Ouray and encountered a spitting
      over-pressiure valve on the water line. I was certain that it was a
      bear."

      I thought the exact thing. It caused me to freeze in place. Then I
      heard it again, I stood still for about seemingly 20 some seconds
      till I determined it wasn't a threat and then walked forward slowly
      at 1st, till I recognized it as some sort of mechanical sound before
      realizing it was water. Then I had a sort of "sheeewwww" sort of
      relief as I went on by. I thought somethin had me.
      It was quite dark there and the mountainside was immediately to the
      left so it certainly seemed possible.
      I wasn't tired at all either, that's just exactly what it sounded
      like, I would imagine others reacted like so as well. It's just odd
      to read about that 3 events later.
      Hope all is well.
      GODbless.
      Stephen