Skip to search.

[hr100] Re: Poles and campsites

  • Mitchell A. Rossman
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 24, 2000
      Matt:

      Thanks for the information. I had been 4 years since I was there. I recall
      there was no reservation, just a first come first serve approach. I will
      probably stay there.

      I search the Web for Forest Service campgrounds and came up with one near Ouray.
      http://www.ReserveUSA.com/nrrs/co/amph/

      Mitch

      Matt Mahoney <matmahoney@...> on 02/24/2000 10:11:00 AM

      Please respond to hr100@egroups.com

      To: hr100@egroups.com
      cc: (bcc: Mitchell A. Rossman/MIPP/Imation)
      Subject: [hr100] Re: Poles and campsites

      > 1. Is it allowed to run with poles, as it is a
      > custom of some runners in
      > the Alps?

      Yes, your pacers may be of any nationality.
      :-)
      Seriously, hiking poles are allowed. They make good
      ice axes.

      > 2. Is there a campsite in Silverton and Ouray? Is it
      > necessary to make
      > reservations ? How to do it?

      Camping is free at South Mineral campgrounds 3 miles
      NW of Silverton, also at Maggie Gulch. They each have
      a pit toilet and stream water. There are pay sites in
      Silverton with showers, laundry, etc.

      =====

      Get what you deserve with NextCard Visa! ZERO! Rates as low as 0.0%
      Intro or 9.9% Fixed APR, online balance transfers, Rewards Points,
      no hidden fees, and much more! Get NextCard today and get the credit
      you deserve! Apply now! Get your NextCard Visa at:
      http://click.egroups.com/1/914/1/_/382674/_/951408676/

      eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/hr100/
    • John Cappis
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 24, 2000
        Hans:

        Using poles or other aids such as crampons, ropes, pitons, skis, etc is
        all allowed during Hardrock. The only restriction is the runner must
        carry everything used between crew access aid stations.

        John

        original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/hr100/?start=39