  • Robert Kronkhyte
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 28, 2001
      If you hardrockers need a Fix of the San Juans, Alpine Loop, put your parachute on and land your eyes on pages 4&5? the article on public lands in the August 2001 edition on National Geographic. What a breath taking photo!!!!! Rob Kronkhyte

    • Kirk Apt
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1 3:06 PM
        >If you hardrockers need a Fix of the San Juans, Alpine Loop, put your
        >parachute on and land your eyes on pages 4&5? the article on public lands
        >in the August 2001 edition on National Geographic. What a breath taking
        >photo!!!!! Rob Kronkhyte

        Hi Rob
        Thanks for the message. I haven't yet pulled out my copy until you
        mentioned it. Those big mountains are like a magnet for me.
        I also wanted to thank you for all your help at Hardrock. It was great to
        see you at all those aid stations. I ended up with a PR for the clockwise
        direction, and had a really enjoyable time of it. Now I'm resting up for
        Leadville, which is in 2 weeks.
        Hi to Betsy. Hope you 2 are well, and I look forward to seeing you again
        next time.
        Take care,
        Kirk