Hardrock - Top notch run in every way

  • jwc444@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 21, 2001
      This was my first year at Hardrock. I've read about the run for
      several years and had formed an opinion of tough, challenging, low-
      key run. It met all of my expectations and more.

      In my opinion, this is truly a FIRST-CLASS run/race in every way -
      rivaling any other ultra in organization, race management, aid-
      stations, course markings, competition, course challenge, community
      support, government (BLM, CO, USFS) support, awards banquet, etc....
      (even the weather was great! - just enough lightning, hail to make it
      interesting)

      Wednesday, prior to the run, I sat through Charlie's excellent
      loooong course description. He mentioned the proposed "short cut"
      going into Sherman. Amazingly no one even mentioned anything when on
      Thursday we all learned that we couldn't use the shortcut and the run
      was going back to the 101+ miles. Everyone took it in stride without
      even a blink.

      Thanks to everyone involved with putting on the run. Dale, etc... I
      know you will try to improve - and probably succeed - on the 10th
      running but it will be difficult.

      Thanks - happy to have my coveted "Masters of Mileage"
      Jeff Collins