Leadville marathon, Hardrock

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 8, 2001
      Tom Sobal won the Leadville marathon yesterday in
      4:03. There were 128 finishers with an average time
      of about 6 hours. The course is similar to the
      Mosquito marathon at 10,100-13,100 ft on jeep roads
      and trails, but has more aid stations and omits the
      roped descent over the snow cornice. The top runners
      didn't use a pack.

      I ran in 6:18 as training for Hardrock on Friday. My
      3 day taper consisted of climbing La Plata, Huron, and
      the NW ridge of Elbert (3000 ft. in 1.3 miles). I
      will be going to Silverton today and camping at South
      Mineral. If anyone would like to climb Sneffels
      tomorrow or Tues., I will have a small blue tent and a
      rented white Daewoo, or leave a note at Charlie
      Thorn's house.

      =====

      http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/