Re Gearing up

  • Stevan Pattillo
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 21 10:22 AM
      Keith, I carry a waterproof-breatheable jacket w/hood the whole way. Last
      year I bought some waterproof pants after getting caught in the
      snow/wind/cold on Handies during marking. At the very least windproof
      pants. I carry a poly-pro watch cap all the way and wear a ball cap during
      the day. Use sunscreen. I carry poly-pro gloves the whole way and every
      year I swear that I will get some waterproof glove shells; but I never do.
      At night I use a large headlamp and carry a small light for back-up. Most
      folks will tell you that the thing to prepare for is the changable nature
      of the weather. Almost always cooler at altitude, sometimes it gets
      downright hot lower down. The sun can/will be intense, and your feet will
      be wet for what seems like the whole time. Plan on being out for two nights
      and hope like hell that it's only one.
      Enjoy!
      Steve Pattillo