Runners Update 7-6

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6, 2014
      Hi Hardrockers,
      This will be one of 3 platforms by which we will try to get up all
      informed about things going on this week as we prepare for Friday!! The other
      2 will be the Hardrock Facebook page as well as the email list thru
      ultrasignup. If you have any questions or need more information, please don't
      hesitate to contact us.

      Upcoming events:
      Monday 7/7 No official Camp Hardrock events
      Course marking continues at Charlie Thorn's house
      Tuesday 7/8 Camp Hardrock
      Spousal Hike 8a.m. Front of Silverton School gym
      If you are a spouse and want to see the Hardrock course up close and
      personal, join Hardrocker Megan Finnesy and others to explore a portion of the
      Hardrock course. Where you go will be a group/Megan decision. Bring water for
      4 hours, comfy shoes with good tread, snacks and camera, rain jacket.

      Future Hardrocker Games 12:00 noon West side of
      Silverton School Join PoDog Vogler and his merry pranksters for a variety of
      games and fun for the Future Hardrockers. Games for 2-12 years old. The kids
      are going to get wet so bring a towel!!

      The “real” Hardrockers 5:30 pm Silverton School
      Join renowned mining historian Dr. Duane Smith as he shares his stories,
      pictures and thoughts about the real mining history of the San Juans and the
      people carved out their living in this area.

      Hiker Certificates
      If you are a registered entrant of this year's Hasrdrock you can pick
      up a hikers card (courtesy of Hardrock) at the Silverton Visitors Center. If
      you want one for your pacer, crew, etc. they are available at Outdoor World in
      Silverton or Pine Needle Mountaineering in Durango

      Moose on the Lakawanna Trail
      We have been advised by the BLM that there are moose in the area of the
      Lakawanna Trail. Please do NOT let your dogs run unleashed in that area. The
      moose are protective of that area!

      NO (none, nada, zero) crew access at Chapman Gulch and Burrows Park aid
      stations
      You will hear us say this many times but Chapman Gulch and Burrows Park
      are NOT crew access aid stations this year. Any runners whose crews are found
      at those aid stations run the risk of being disqualified from this years
      Hardrock.

      Dale Garland
      RD, Hardrock Hundred Endurance Run
      970-259-3693