Re: No Burrows Park Aid Station

  • cappis@bigfoot.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 2 10:51 AM
      Todd:

      The important thing to look at is you still get 33,000 (minimum) feet
      of vertical climb. We do our best to not lessen the amount of wild
      and tough even though the linear distance varies a bit.

      Any time you drop 300 vertical feet in 0.18 miles like the little cut
      off getting to the Sherman Road from the Cinnamon Pass shelf road, it
      is makes life interesting.

      John

      --- In hr100@y..., laurantodd@p... wrote:
      > Charlie,
      > I took a cursory glance at the manual -- cursory as in: damn, it's
      only 100
      > miles? -- and have a question, did we indeed lose 1.7 miles of wild
      and tough
      > course? (I believe I paid for a full 101.7 this year and don't want
      to come
      > away short-changed.)
      > Also, what does John mean when he says the climb to Sherman will be
      interesting?
      > Todd Burgess
      > >
      > > As you know, I am a culturally sensitive runner who rarely runs
      Hardrock
      > > without socks. However, the ~13.3 mile section from Grouse to
      Sherman
      > > seems a bit long and therefore might offend some historically
      disadvantaged
      > > cultural groups, walkers, and snowmobilers. So, I propose the
      Hardrock set
      > > up a restitution fund to compensate those who feel slighted by
      the added
      > > training or supplies such a long section requires. Perhaps a few
      pence
      > > from the RD would suffice to start the fund. Please forward my
      request to
      > > the RD.
      > >
      > > Belle E. Aikn
      > > Runner at Large
      > >

      > > >As you know, there has been a bit of a course adjustment around
      the
      > > >Handies Peak area for this year. In fact it is still going on. We
      > > >have received permission to cross some private land from the
      Cinnamon
      > > >Pass Shelf Road down to Sherman that should provide an
      interesting
      > > >down climb.
      > > >
      > > >We have also decided there will not be a full aid station at
      Burrows

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/