Re: [hr100] No Burrows Park Aid Station

  • Stevan Pattillo
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 1, 2001
      John, As you may know, we are trying to attract and retain a higher class
      of entrant to the hard rock. Re. the non-aid station at Burrows Park,
      perhaps some flour freer-vegan-culturally diverse-nativo-muffins and
      sparkling water should be considered. If that is a bit too Gucci for the
      race organizers we could go the true minimallist route; a salt lick and a
      picture of several gallons of water.
      Steve Pattillo
    • dale garland
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 1, 2001
        Dear Belle E. Aikin,
        I can empathize with your plight and want to make sure that everyone
        who visits our lovely part of the country comes back year after year. I
        would be happy to give you 10% of my annual salary for directing the
        Hardrock. Please bring me a receipt and an essay detailing why you
        wanted to run Hardrock in the first place and I will compensate you.
        Sincerely, The RD

      • cappis@bigfoot.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 2, 2001
          Todd:

          The important thing to look at is you still get 33,000 (minimum) feet
          of vertical climb. We do our best to not lessen the amount of wild
          and tough even though the linear distance varies a bit.

          Any time you drop 300 vertical feet in 0.18 miles like the little cut
          off getting to the Sherman Road from the Cinnamon Pass shelf road, it
          is makes life interesting.

          John

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/