Barkley

  • robert boeder
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 13, 2001
      For those of you who are not addicted to the ultra list I've found two
      descriptions of this year's Barkley event on David Horton's web site,
      www.extremeultrarunning.com. One is a short, typically self-effacing article
      by Blake Wood, the other is a longer, typically...well, typical, piece by
      David. Both have vowed never to enter the Barkley ever again. Ya, right.
      Steve Pero has also written about his experience in Tennessee.
      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 13, 2001
        --- robert boeder <boedr@...> wrote:
        > For those of you who are not addicted to the ultra
        > list I've found two
        > descriptions of this year's Barkley event on David
        > Horton's web site,
        > www.extremeultrarunning.com. One is a short,
        > typically self-effacing article
        > by Blake Wood, the other is a longer,
        > typically...well, typical, piece by
        > David. Both have vowed never to enter the Barkley
        > ever again. Ya, right.
        > Steve Pero has also written about his experience in
        > Tennessee.

        I have links to all of these plus photos and results
        at http://mmahoney.teejay.net/barkley/

        =====

        http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
      • Rich Limacher
        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 14, 2001
          This, from her poem, just about says it all.

          (And, notice, Chaennnon does in five lines what it took me
          to do in about 5,000! :)

          "Have you not heard the rumor?
          So clean. So fine.
          I AM BARKLEY!
          THE BARKLEY!
          I eat my young alive."

          --Çhaennnon, Sacrificial Virgin, Barkley 2001

          Well done, my courageous youthful fellow "lunch"! :-)
          Very well done indeed!

          And what a pleasure now finally to have made your
          acquaintance!

          Yours troubly,
          Barkley scRitch