Hardrock Hundred update 7/3

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 3, 2013
      Hi Hardrockers,
      Here is the run update. As of 5:00 today we will:
      1. be holding the 2013 Hardrock Hundred Endurance Run on 7/12-7/14 and
      2. be using the course as described in the runners manual (that means through
      Pole Creek.
      I have to publicly commend:
      a. the HRH run committee for their thoughts, input and willingness to be so
      flexible as we made this decision. This is especially true of our comm people
      (Shauna Blaylock, Ben McGaha, Chris Depuy) and our aid station director
      extraordinaire, Lois MacKenzie.
      b. our permit Administrator-Jeff Christenson from the BLM. He worked very
      closely with us to make sure we were informed about closures and then
      championed our event through the permitting process and worked hard to
      communicate with other BLM and USFS managers to get their approval.
      There will be no open fires at aid stations and we will be emphasizing
      vigilance when it comes to the safety of all Hardrockers-staff, volunteers and
      runners as well as protecting the beautiful San Juans.
      Dale
    • Mark Oveson (Gmail)
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 3, 2013
        That is great news! Too bad about open fires, as we love to keep a light
        on at Putnam Basin for the hardy runners out for their second night, but
        that�s a small price to pay.

        Thanks to everyone for their extra hard work this year!

        Mark O.

        Putnam radio guy

        On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 5:15 PM, Dale Garland <hardrock100@...>wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Hi Hardrockers,
        > Here is the run update. As of 5:00 today we will:
        > 1. be holding the 2013 Hardrock Hundred Endurance Run on 7/12-7/14 and
        > 2. be using the course as described in the runners manual (that means
        > through
        > Pole Creek.
        > I have to publicly commend:
        > a. the HRH run committee for their thoughts, input and willingness to be
        > so
        > flexible as we made this decision. This is especially true of our comm
        > people
        > (Shauna Blaylock, Ben McGaha, Chris Depuy) and our aid station director
        > extraordinaire, Lois MacKenzie.
        > b. our permit Administrator-Jeff Christenson from the BLM. He worked very
        > closely with us to make sure we were informed about closures and then
        > championed our event through the permitting process and worked hard to
        > communicate with other BLM and USFS managers to get their approval.
        > There will be no open fires at aid stations and we will be emphasizing
        > vigilance when it comes to the safety of all Hardrockers-staff, volunteers
        > and
        > runners as well as protecting the beautiful San Juans.
        > Dale

      • Bob Combs
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 3, 2013
          Dale,

          Kudos and thanks to you and the Hardrock team!!

          Bob Combs

          On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 5:15 PM, Dale Garland <hardrock100@...>wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Hi Hardrockers,
          > Here is the run update. As of 5:00 today we will:
          > 1. be holding the 2013 Hardrock Hundred Endurance Run on 7/12-7/14 and
          > 2. be using the course as described in the runners manual (that means
          > through
          > Pole Creek.
          > I have to publicly commend:
          > a. the HRH run committee for their thoughts, input and willingness to be
          > so
          > flexible as we made this decision. This is especially true of our comm
          > people
          > (Shauna Blaylock, Ben McGaha, Chris Depuy) and our aid station director
          > extraordinaire, Lois MacKenzie.
          > b. our permit Administrator-Jeff Christenson from the BLM. He worked very
          > closely with us to make sure we were informed about closures and then
          > championed our event through the permitting process and worked hard to
          > communicate with other BLM and USFS managers to get their approval.
          > There will be no open fires at aid stations and we will be emphasizing
          > vigilance when it comes to the safety of all Hardrockers-staff, volunteers
          > and
          > runners as well as protecting the beautiful San Juans.
          > Dale

        • Betsy Nye
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 3, 2013
            Hi Dale, You are so amazing!! I am so excitted to run and see everyone.Even if HR was cancelled I was planning on coming with crew to support Silverton and run the slow  Rock:)Happy Fourth of July ******Happy Trails Boopstinater xo

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 5, 2013
              Boopstinator-you're the best!! See you soon.

              On Wed, 3 Jul 2013 23:48:46 -0700 (PDT)
              Betsy Nye <betsynye@...> wrote:
              > Hi Dale, You are so amazing!! I am so excitted to run and see everyone.Even
              >if HR was cancelled I was planning on coming with crew to support Silverton
              >and run the slow  Rock:)Happy Fourth of July ******Happy Trails Boopstinater
              >xo

            • Betsy Nye
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 16, 2013
                Hi Dale,I left my purple pack at finish. Its ultra spire.I am hoping it's at lost and found?Hope you are having great rest.Awsome job,Aloha Betsy Boopstinater

                Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android