There have been many questions regarding how the West Fork Fire
has and/or will impact this year's Hardrock. We are monitoring this situation
very closely and will keep you updated as to what we learn and decide.
Presently, this is what we know. Portions of the Hardrock course in Pole
Creek are closed to all vehicular and foot traffic. We will get an update and
possible projection as to whether or not this portion will remain closed for
7/12-14 tomorrow or Tuesday.
The $64,000 question on everybody's mind is whether or not we will
Hardrock this year. As many of you know we have only had to do this once and
hopefully we will not have to do it this year. We are gathering information
from the USFS, BLM weather forecasts, county officials road closures, course
re-routing and communications sources. Any decision to cancel Hardrock this
year will be made rationally, with the safety of runners, volunteers, crews,
firefighters and affected residents being paramount of our concerns.
If you would like to see the updates on the West Fork Fire complex,
here is a great resource (thanks to Hardrock co-communications director Shauna
Blaylock for this link)