Hardrock cutting down on cups

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 20, 2013
      Hi Hardrockers
      The Hardrock Hundred Endurance Run is please to announce our
      partnership
      with UltraCup at this years Hardrock. In an effort to cut down on the number
      of cups that we use and those eventually finding their way into our landfills
      as well as potentially littering our course, we will be giving each runner a
      UltraCup at check in that they can use at aid stations. These cups are
      designed for beverages of any temperature. We will still have a small number
      of cups at aid stations but our goal is to have runners use their UltraCup as
      much as possible during this year's run.
      For more information on Ultra cups, please click on this link for a
      picture
      http://www.ultraspirestore.com/product-p/ua029.htm
      or use this hash tag to learn more
      #cuplessraces
      And while I've got your attention, many people have asked me about the
      weather conditions. Water levels are extremely low and obviously fires are a
      huge concern to all of us at Hardrock. Currently counties and other
      governmental entities are discussing whether or not they should implement a
      fire ban.
      There is no current reason that we are considering canceling Hardrock or
      modifying the course. We're keeping our fingers crossed that this statement
      will hold true through July. However, unless things change dramatically, we
      feel that it is in the best interest of the land that we eliminate any open
      fires at aid stations. If there are any other changes or things that you
      should know we'll be sure to post them here, on Facebook and announce them in
      Silverton.
      Have a great Thursday!
      Dale