Silverton FAT ASS

  • Megan Finnesy
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 19, 2013
      Hello  all you crazy trail running enthusiasts . . .

      Planning on being in the Silverton area on July 6th?

      If you are planning on being in the Silverton area on July 6th and would like to join us for a tour de Silverton Double Dirty 30 course shoot me and email.  I am hosting a very loosely structured "FAT ASS"  (not that any of your asses are fat at this present time in our  running season . . . ) Options to run 50ish, 25ish or 39ish of the course are available depending on how many are interested in doing this run and how many people can help with shuttling.

      If you have not heard The Double Dirty 30 is a new race I will be putting on starting and finishing in Silverton, CO July 26, 2014.  100K, 85% AMAZING single track trails, AND of course, A SINGLE LOOP course.
      Would love for you to come out and join us.  Let me know if you are interested by emailing me at megan@...

      When: Saturday July 6, 2013 : 6:00 am
      Where:  Start at top of Molas Pass above Silverton.  Run will head west on the Colorado Trail
      What: A 50, 25 or 39 mile run on established forest service trails.  You must be able to read a map and feel comfortable navigating this unmarked course on your own.  Some provisions will be set out at 17 miles and 25 miles into the run.
      We will gather in Silverton to grab a bite to eat somewhere following the run and maybe a few drinks at the Brewery or the Rum bar . . . After 50 miles . . . we will probably need to self medicate . . . :)

      Basic event details can be found at www.dirty30.org.  We will be updating the site with all the juicy details in the next couple months.  One question that I have already gotten quite a bit is, "what is the requirement for the qualifier"?
      I am looking for an experienced ultra runner who has already run at least a hard, mountainous 50 miler.  Something in the lines of San Juan, Run Rabbit Run, Big Horn . . . JFK or Rocky Raccoon will not be qualifiers for this race.

      Cheers!

      Megan Finnesy, Race Director
      Golden Gate
      Dirty Thirty