Report on 2013 Joel Zucker Scholarship awards

    Message 1 of 1 , May 23, 2013
      Hi Hardrockers,
      Many of you knew Joel Zucker and/or have contributed money to his
      scholarship. Hardrock gives out these scholarships every year to students who
      live in the communities in which we run.
      This weekend the scholarship committee met and interviewed potential
      recipients of the scholarship As always, I appreciate the work that Andi
      Kron, chair of the scholarship committee did to coordinate these scholarships
      and appreciate everybody's interest and financial support for this
      scholarship.
      We were able to give away $8000 to students to continue their education.
      Since 1999 we have awarded $45,000 in scholarships to 32 individuals, some of
      them receiving money for four years. This year's amount was the highest ever
      given in a single year.
      Lisa Glick, Joel Zucker's sister, has indicated that she may come to
      Silverton to crew or pace someone at Hardrock this year. Lisa has become an
      ultra runner herself and is the race director of the Harvest Half Marathon in
      Red Hook, NY. She directs this run in honor of Joel's birthday in October.
      You rock Hardrockers!!

      Dale