Re: [hr100] Barkley

  • Carl Jess
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 11, 2001
      --- dale garland <ddmb@...> wrote:
      > Charlie, I would be willing to put in a roll of TP
      > or the latest set of
      > federal government budget worksheets (your choice)
      > in every runners
      > entry bag!
      > The RD

      If you do make sure that the worksheets are printed on
      recycled paper. Maybe that will help the CEC accept
      HRH as an environmentally friendly race.

      =====
      Carl Jess
      Bloomfield, NM

      http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
    • Charles T. Thorn
      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 11, 2001
        Dale, etal,

        I just invented the perfect solution that technology can provide. It's a
        double outhouse in bunk style. I believe this solution will provide
        adequate throughput as well as economy of scale. Please arrange to put one
        every other mile beginning about mile 20.

        Thanks

        Charlie

        >Charlie, I would be willing to put in a roll of TP or the latest set of
        >federal government budget worksheets (your choice) in every runners
        >entry bag!
        >The RD
        >
        >"Charles T. Thorn" wrote:
        >>
        >> Yes, this is an interesting analgy. Sorta like what I need to do after
        >> about 20 miles into the Hardrock but the RD is too cheap to put out porta
        >> potties every mile.
        >>
        >> Charlie
        >>
        >> >Charlie, "The process is moving," as in moving through a bowel-like body?
        >> >When the final "output" emerges Will we be able to differentiate our input
        >> >from that of others involved?
        >> >Ah, government, or the big bowel as it is know around here.
        >> >Steve

      • LaForme
        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 11, 2001
          It must be the strong underlying primitive instincts of territorial marking
          that cause so many otherwise seemingly "evolved" human males to be facinated
          by scatology.
          Ginny LaForme
          Espanola,NM
          rlaforme@...
          > I just invented the perfect solution that technology can provide. It's a
          > double outhouse in bunk style. I believe this solution will provide
          > adequate throughput as well as economy of scale. Please arrange to put
          one
          > every other mile beginning about mile 20.
          >
          > Thanks
          >
          > Charlie
          >
          > >Charlie, I would be willing to put in a roll of TP or the latest set of
          > >federal government budget worksheets (your choice) in every runners
          > >entry bag!
          > >The RD
          > >
          > >"Charles T. Thorn" wrote:
          > >>
          > >> Yes, this is an interesting analgy. Sorta like what I need to do after
          > >> about 20 miles into the Hardrock but the RD is too cheap to put out
          porta
          > >> potties every mile.
          > >>
          > >> Charlie

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Stevan Pattillo
          Message 4 of 17 , Apr 12, 2001
            Hey! Hey! Was that an insult? I think we men may not be as highly evolved
            as she thinks.
            Maybe "de-volved" is a better descriptor. I know that after about fifty
            miles I feel like I'm mantally back with the flat worms..
            Steve Pattillo
          • GEH@crosslinkinc.com

              Message 6 of 17 , Apr 13, 2001
                No, Steve,
                It wasn't an insult, it was a compliment. I think its really important to
                preserve our primitive instincts and channel them into useful activities,
                such as course marking, or even book placement (in extreme cases). I just
                had a sort of epiphany about where male persons find the drive to expend so
                much energy doing these things.Territorial instincts are obviously still
                strong and I'd much rather see them gratified in creative ways than in old
                fashioned duking it out.
                Ginny LaForme
                Espanola,NM
                rlaforme@...
                Message 7 of 17 , Apr 13, 2001
                  For those of you who are not addicted to the ultra list I've found two
                  descriptions of this year's Barkley event on David Horton's web site,
                  www.extremeultrarunning.com. One is a short, typically self-effacing article
                  by Blake Wood, the other is a longer, typically...well, typical, piece by
                  David. Both have vowed never to enter the Barkley ever again. Ya, right.
                  Steve Pero has also written about his experience in Tennessee.
                  Message 8 of 17 , Apr 13, 2001
                    --- robert boeder <boedr@...> wrote:
                    > For those of you who are not addicted to the ultra
                    > list I've found two
                    > descriptions of this year's Barkley event on David
                    > Horton's web site,
                    > www.extremeultrarunning.com. One is a short,
                    > typically self-effacing article
                    > by Blake Wood, the other is a longer,
                    > typically...well, typical, piece by
                    > David. Both have vowed never to enter the Barkley
                    > ever again. Ya, right.
                    > Steve Pero has also written about his experience in
                    > Tennessee.

                    I have links to all of these plus photos and results
                    at http://mmahoney.teejay.net/barkley/

                    =====

                    http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
                  • Rich Limacher
                    Message 9 of 17 , Apr 14, 2001
                      This, from her poem, just about says it all.

                      (And, notice, Chaennnon does in five lines what it took me
                      to do in about 5,000! :)

                      "Have you not heard the rumor?
                      So clean. So fine.
                      I AM BARKLEY!
                      THE BARKLEY!
                      I eat my young alive."

                      --Çhaennnon, Sacrificial Virgin, Barkley 2001

                      Well done, my courageous youthful fellow "lunch"! :-)
                      Very well done indeed!

                      And what a pleasure now finally to have made your
                      acquaintance!

                      Yours troubly,
                      Barkley scRitch