Re: Kerry Trammell

  • The Troubadour
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 11, 2013
      I am beyond grief.

      I just now went online to retrieve email, when WHAM: I learn of this shocking news.

      This tragedy hits me--as I'm sure all of us--like being crushed under� not just a falling piano, but the whole damn collapsing skyscraper. In my mind, he was a giant. A Tower of Power. A wielder of mighty influence. And yet, a nicer guy has never been known to live on this Earth.

      I wanted right away to mention how we ALL owe a huge debt of gratitude to Kerry. Frozen Ed here has beaten me to the punch, but he's absolutely right. Without Kerry and what he was able to get his own state representatives [specifically, if memory serves, State Sen. Lincoln Davis and Morgan County Rep. Randy McNally---yes? Do I have those names right? I'm too lazy to go fetch Ed's book :( ] �anyway, yes� without Kerry and all that he did�

      �there would be no Barkley.

      Period.

      The Powers That Be had already banned The Barkley forever from the park.

      So it ended up "taking an act of congress" to restore the Barkley Marathons, and, by god, Kerry did it. He got "congress" to "act"!

      I miss him terribly. Already. And I just did NOW get the memo.

      I am so, so sorry. I can't even believe it.

      Just last year I recall not only Kerry and his guitar playing, but also Leslie bringing a whole bunch of hot food (chili!) and plugging hot-plates and slow-cookers and whatnot it into the outside sockets of the bathhouse. She invited us all to help ourselves, which was wonderful for those of us in camp� while everybody else was "out there."

      You just can't get a class act any classier.

      And now I, and you, are gonna hurt for awhile.
      Yes, there is already some discomfort involved.

      Yours so very truly sadly,

      Rich Limacher
      TheTroubadour@...

      PS: Would it be all right to ask for a postal address where we could mail our condolences? Just as we've been doing for Barry Barkley� upon learning of the death of his wife Janet? Does anyone have the Trammell family address in Oak Ridge?