Fwd: Kerry Trammell

  • Steve Pero
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 11, 2013
      One of our brothers has passed...

      OAK RIDGE � Kerry Trammell, an ultramarathon runner who over the years ran
      every major 100-mile trail race in the country, was found dead Thursday in
      his home.
      He was 56.
      Initial reports indicate he died of natural causes, family friend Tony
      Anderson said.
      Mr. Trammell, active in several civic and city organizations, was
      administrator of NHC Healthcare, an Oak Ridge nursing home.
      Mr. Trammell took up long-distance running in the mid-1980s and met his
      wife, Leslie Trammell, at the Barkley Marathon, a race in Morgan County
      considered by many to be the toughest 100-miler in the country.
      "I'm passionate about the sport, but on the other hand, I don't take it too
      seriously," Mr. Trammell told the News Sentinel in a 2006 feature story.
      "Mainly, you go out there to have fun, and reconnect with other runners."
      Funeral arrangements were incomplete this morning and are being handled by
      Holley Gamble Funeral Home of Clinton.
      More details as they develop online and in Saturday's News Sentinel.