RE: [hr100] 2013 Hardrock
- Dave, just checking with you to make sure that you have my check. My wife sent it with my application, but says it hasn't been cashed by our bank yet. Please let me know if you do not show it being received with my application. Thank you . Kuni Yamagata
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 15:56:29 -0700
Subject: [hr100] 2013 Hardrock
Congratulations to the 140 selected entries for the 2013 Hardrock. If you are
near a casino this may be a good day to try your luck! We had a record number
of entries sent in to us and a record number of lottery tickets thrown into
the hat (well actually a jar!). Thanks so much to Charlie Thorn and Blake Wood
for overseeing , checking, double checking and triple checking the tickets and
to the run selection committee for spending more than 4 hours conducting the
lottery. If you�d like to see how the lottery was conducted, I encourage you
to visit our website.
Now for the frequently asked questions:
I was lucky� what now??
1. If you haven�t done so already mail in your entry check by JAN 6, 2013.
ENTRIES THAT HAVE NOT PAID BY THAT DATE WILL BE DROPPPED FROM THE 2013
HARDROCK. This does not apply to foreign runners, who may still pay at runner
check in. Please send your check to: HRH, 195 Ball Lane, Durango, CO 81301.
PLLEASE DO NOT SEND THEM TO CHARLIE THORN IN LOS ALAMOS (where you sent your
2. Effective with the 2013 run we are asking for you to give back 8 hours of
service to the ultra community. If you were selected for the 2013 Hardrock you
have UNTIL MAY 31, 2013 to give back to our community. The certification form
is on our website as well; please mail it to us at the Durango address above
NO LATER THAN JUNE 1, 2013.
I wasn�t selected or I was wait listed�any suggestions?
1. We did not draw every name for the wait list. If your name does not appear
on the wait list that means 1 of 2 things: a. your entry was not accepted into
the lottery or b. you were not drawn for the wait list. Don�t worry.. we have
logged all accepted entries that weren�t selected so that you will get
tickets into the HRH lotteries in the future.
2. Wait listed runners will be added to the field in the order of the wait
list for your particular group. For example, Kirk Apt (#1 on the veteran wait
list) will move into the field when someone from the veteran field notifies us
that they will not be running this year.
3. There usually is not a lot of movement on the wait list until April or May.
I will call you and e-mail wait listed runners when there is an opening for
you. This is a new wait list system so we don�t know your chances right now.
4. We encourage everyone who can make it to come and join us in Silverton next
July. Whether it is to help with the run*, be part of �Camp Hardrock� or just
enjoy the beautiful San Juans, there is no better place to be than Silverton
CO on Hardrock weekend!
*( some aspects of helping are eligible for extra lottery tix in the 2014
DON�T FORGET THAT WE ARE STILL ACCEPTING ENTRIES FOR THE 2013 HARDROCK
FINISHERS PRINT. IF YOU HAVE AN ORIGINAL PIECE OF ART OR A PHOTOGRAPH THAT
CAPTURES THE SPIRIT OF HARDROCK, EMAIL US A COPY AT hardrock100@....
We look forward to seeing as many of you as possible next July in Silverton!
For the HRH crew,
RD, Hardrock Hundred Endurance Run
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]