Maybe someday, what i would really like to see in a finisher poster

  • bogdand74
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 21, 2012
      Maybe someday, what i would really like to see in a finisher poster ... is a group photo with ALL people ( or as many people as possible) that have ever run, helped, paced, volunteered ... because in the end ... people make Hardrock ... Hardrock ...

      So maybe this summer, Friday morning before the start, we will arrange people on the benches inside the gym and take a high resolution photo of everybody ( to create the 2014 finisher print)

      And what would be even better, is to ask Deb Pero to make a real painting of the group photo
    • rac2490@gmail.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 21, 2012
        COOL IDEA, I HAVE ALWAYS THOUGHT ABOUT A GROUP
        HR100 PHOTO.... POSSIBLY THIS NEXT YEAR.

        Richard A. Curtis ... rac2490@........ :-)

        On Dec 21, 2012, at 12:24 PM, "bogdand74" <bogie_bogdand74yahoo_junk090427@...> wrote:

        > Maybe someday, what i would really like to see in a finisher poster ... is a group photo with ALL people ( or as many people as possible) that have ever run, helped, paced, volunteered ... because in the end ... people make Hardrock ... Hardrock ...
        >
        > So maybe this summer, Friday morning before the start, we will arrange people on the benches inside the gym and take a high resolution photo of everybody ( to create the 2014 finisher print)
        >
        > And what would be even better, is to ask Deb Pero to make a real painting of the group photo

      • Lois MacKenzie
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 21, 2012
          I have been bugging them for years to put the course profile on the t-shirts every 5 years. What do you all think??

          Keep in Touch,
          LMac

          ________________________________
          COOL IDEA, I HAVE ALWAYS THOUGHT ABOUT A GROUP
          HR100 PHOTO.... POSSIBLY THIS NEXT YEAR.

          Richard A. Curtis ... rac2490@........ :-)

          On Dec 21, 2012, at 12:24 PM, "bogdand74" <bogie_bogdand74yahoo_junk090427@...> wrote:

          > Maybe someday, what i would really like to see in a finisher poster ... is a group photo with ALL people ( or as many people as possible) that have ever run, helped, paced, volunteered ... because in the end ... people make Hardrock ... Hardrock ...
          >
          > So maybe this summer, Friday morning before the start, we will arrange people on the benches inside the gym and take a high resolution photo of everybody ( to create the 2014 finisher print)
          >
          > And what would be even better, is to ask Deb Pero to make a real painting of the group photo

        • Chris Twiggs
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 21, 2012
            It's been there all but once in the last 8 years.

            Sent from my iPhone

            On Dec 21, 2012, at 7:49 PM, Lois MacKenzie <skunkears@...> wrote:

            > I have been bugging them for years to put the course profile on the t-shirts every 5 years. What do you all think??
            >

            > Keep in Touch,
            > LMac
            >
            > ________________________________

          • Deb
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 21, 2012
              Well I think it would be cool to take a "class photo" of all the starters - class of 2013 this year! Gather everybody after the mandatory briefing and take a picture....

              Sent from my iPad

              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 21, 2012
                Maybe on the finishers' shirts? Not on the volunteers' shirts.

                Keep in Touch,
                LMac

                ________________________________

                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 21, 2012
                  We've only had finishers shirts the last 3 years. No profile on those. Profile is on the starters' shirts 7 out of the last 8 years.

                  Sent from my iPhone

                  On Dec 21, 2012, at 8:37 PM, Lois MacKenzie <skunkears@...> wrote:

                  > Maybe on the finishers' shirts? Not on the volunteers' shirts.
                  >

                  > Keep in Touch,
                  > LMac

                • Fred Ecks
                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 21, 2012
                    Yeah, some of the volunteers do wacky things like ride their bike to go work the Engineer aid station all night as a ham operator. :-)

                    - Fred, KG0UL, #8 on the wait list