RE: [hr100] 2001 Course Marking Schedule

  • Curiel, Tyler
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2001
      "Fri7/13 Strip course
      Sat7/14 Strip course
      Sun7/15 Strip course"

      If this is anything like strip poker, we should have a pretty good party
      after the awards ceremony. /TC
    • Charles T. Thorn
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2, 2001
        Hello All,

        Below is the tentative schedule for surveying and marking the 2001 Hardrock
        Hundred course. All interested runners and crew are invited to participate
        in all or portions of the effort. Although transportation for each day's
        efforts MAY be available, none is promised. The general plan is to meet at
        my house in Silverton, 1354 Reese St., at 7 am each day, unless otherwise
        stated. From there, we will go to the course section to be worked that day.
        Because the schedule will almost certainly change based on course
        conditions or personal quirk, persons interested in working on the course
        should check the schedule the day before in order to be sure the schedule
        is accurate. My house will serve as the course marking coordination point
        and I'll post the latest schedule in the entry.

        Anyone who wants to help pull flags from the course beginning immediately
        after the start, let me know.

        Charlie Thron

        This Schedule is Subject to Change

        Date Course Section Comments
        Sat 6/30 Bear Creek (Silverton ) - KT Begin at 9 AM.
        Sun 7/1 KT - Chapman Car/4WD shuttle.
        Mon 7/2 Sherman - Maggie 4WD to Sherman, leave vehicles.
        Tues 7/3 Grouse Gulch - Grizzly - Sherman Pick up vehicles at
        Sherman.
        Wed 7/4 Open Blue Ribbon10K run in Silverton
        & Parade
        Thu 7/5 Maggie - Cunningham - Arrastra Long day, car shuttle, stash flags
        at CG.
        Thu 7/5 Bear Cr Tr (Ouray) - Engineer Pass Start at US 550 Tunnel.
        Fri 7/6 Telluride - Virginius
        Governor Basin - Virginius
        Simultaneous marking & meet on Virginius Pass for traditional picture.
        Rope Uncompaghre River & Mineral Creek.
        Sat7/7 Backup - Explore other trails
        Sun7/8 Backup - Explore other trails
        Mon7/9 Telluride - Oscar's - Chapman J Cappis coordinates from Telluride.
        American Basin if needed C Thorn coordinates from Silverton.
        Tue7/10 Silverton - Arrastra & Whenever the urge strikes if not
        Silverton - Bear Creek already done.
        Wed7/11 Backup - Explore other trails
        Fri7/13 Rope Virginius
        Fri7/13 Strip course