Hardrock Applications Received

  • Charles Thorn
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 21, 2012
      Hardrockers,

      The Hardrock applications are coming in fast.

      I've received close to 300 applications so far and expect maybe 1000
      total. The vast majority of them are complete and accurate. However,
      there is that 1% that don't seem to be able to get it right. So, based on
      applications received so far, below are some hints that will help make the
      process work better for both you and me.

      * Please use the mail. *DO NOT* email your application. Emailed
      applications will likely be ignored.

      * Send in your Hardrock application *EARLY*. The later you wait, the less
      likely it is that I'll receive it by December 1.

      * Resist the urge to send your application using certified or registered
      mail. I'm on travel a lot and if I have to go to the post office to sign
      for your application, it will certainly be delayed and it may not be
      received on time. As an example, last week I received a post office notice
      to pick up a registered entry *WITH POSTAGE DUE*. That's funny but I'm not
      amused.

      * Make sure you include documentation for your qualifying run. Without
      complete documentation *INCLUDED*, your application is not complete and you
      may not get into the lottery. (Of course, if Hardrock is your qualifier,
      you do not have to provide any documentation.)

      * Make sure you highlight your name and the qualifying run name and year
      on your documentation.

      * Staple *ALL* of your qualifier documentation pages and application pages
      together but *DO NOT* staple your check to the application.

      * Double check your application to make sure it's complete. For example,
      if you indicate you included your $250 check and it's not there, I assume
      that it's been stolen in the mail and a time consuming exchange of emails
      will ensue that wastes your time and mine.

      * Make sure that your name is printed or written on your check. A few of
      the checks I've received are written from corporate accounts and, unless
      you name is included, it may be tough to figure out who you are.

      Thanks for taking the time to make your Hardrock application complete and
      get those applications in EARLY. And, don't find yourself in that 1%.

      Charlie

    • Jeanne Kysar
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 21, 2012
        Woo hoo! Sending now:)