New Silverton 100K and 60 K race in 2013

  • Megan Finnesy
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 3, 2012
      Hello Friends,
      I wanted to give you all a heads up that I am in the process of creating a new race in the beautiful San Juan Mountains,  This 98% single track trail, 1 single loop course with lots of climbing and fun, long descents will start and finish in Silverton, CO on Saturday July 27th.  The race course spends a significant amount of mileage above 11,000 feet, so the views are endless.  You will be treated to the most spectacular alpine wild flowers in the area, a run along the raging Animas River, 22 miles along some of the most breath taking miles of the Colorado Trail, a tranquil run along Cascade Creek and a much more.    Registration will open sometime on or after December 15.  There will more than likely be a qualification requirement for the new Silverton race due to the longer distance between aid stations and the remoteness of this course.

      All details will be added to the Dirty 30 website:  www.goldengatedirtythirty.org.

      Yes, the Golden Gate Dirty 30 will still take place on Saturday June 1st, with a 50K and a 12 mile race.  The 7 mile race is being eliminated.
      Now, mark your calendars and get out and enjoy this amazing fall!!!
      Cheers,

      Megan Finnesy, RD
      Golden Gate
      Dirty Thirty