Re: [hr100] Hardrock Maps

  • GRoachHigh@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 27 7:15 PM
      Hi Charlie

      I am getting this email a little late but thought I might as well reply.
      anyway. Yes, i would want a marked map. I carried one in a Baggie 101 miles
      last year and never referred to it but i do think it is a good idea,
      nonetheless.

      I would have replied sooner but Gerry

      and I just returned from an 11-day desert peak climbing trip in Southern
      Calif and one in Mexico. it was not exactly HR100 training but a passion for
      us that we share. You should try it sometime!

      Thanks.

      Jennifer Roach
    • Charles T. Thorn
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 28 6:32 AM
        Jennifer

        Thanks for the note. Your trip to the desert sounds like fun. I
        personally love the desert, having spend most of my backpacking youth in
        the hot country, particularly 13 months in the Grand Canyon in summer. The
        mountains are grand but the desert is sublime.

        You will get a map, don't worry. The only way you would not get one would
        be to make that request.

        I'm going up to Silverton in about 10 days to check out the snow and hills.
        I'll see you in the hills in July.

        Charlie