Additional changes to Hardrock qualifications and service requirement for 2013

  • Wood, Blake P
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 11, 2012
      Future Hardrock Runners -

      At this afternoon's pre-Hardrock Board of Directors meeting in Silverton, we voted to make an alteration to the service requirement and qualification changes which were announced a couple weeks ago for the 2013 running, based on feedback we received:

      1. The time period for satisfying the service requirement was changed to 6/1/12-5/31/12 from 7/13/12-5/31/12. It was pointed out to us that our original time period created a dead space that excluded work performed at a number of popular ultras, including Western States and pre-Hardrock-start.

      2. The implementation of removing the started-any-of-the-past-three-Hardrocks qualifier and reducing the finished-any-of-the-past-five-Hardrocks to ...three-Hardrocks was pushed back from 2013 to 2014. It was pointed out to us that this created a situation where some runners would have to unexpectedly enter and finish a qualifying hundred before the end of November of this year to be eligible in 2013, and that many of our qualifiers are already full.

      - Blake

      Blake Wood

      President, Hardrock Board of Directors

    • Wood, Blake P
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 11, 2012
        Sorry, that should have been "changed to 6/1/12-5/31/13 from 7/13/12-5/31/13".

        - Blake

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 18, 2012
          Hey there Blake,

          Congrats again on another great run! And it was nice to meet you after
          the awards on Sun.

          I have a quick question for you... Do you know who makes those temporary
          tattoos for you guys? Those were the best I've seen and would like to
          get some made for Vi.

          Thanks!

          Michael Hodges
        • Deb
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 18, 2012
            Hey mike
            I tried a couple of the Vi gels during the run and they were good. I like the peach.

            Sent from my iPod

            On Jul 18, 2012, at 3:53 PM, Michael Hodges <michael@...> wrote:

            > Hey there Blake,
            >
            > Congrats again on another great run! And it was nice to meet you after
            > the awards on Sun.
            >
            > I have a quick question for you... Do you know who makes those temporary
            > tattoos for you guys? Those were the best I've seen and would like to
            > get some made for Vi.
            >
            > Thanks!
            >
            > Michael Hodges

          • Michael Hodges
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 18, 2012
              Holy crap... so sorry all. I did NOT mean to send this out to the entire
              list... A bit embarrassed.

              I sure had a fun weekend with you all though!

              Sorry again,

              Michael