RE: [hr100] Course marking yesterday - Kroger's to Governor's

  • azsmokin
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 8 2:08 PM
      Howdy Steve,

      Thanks for the pics !

      Bob

      From: hr100@yahoogroups.com [mailto:hr100@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
      Steve Pero
      Sent: Sunday, July 08, 2012 8:41 AM
      To: Hardrock List
      Subject: [hr100] Course marking yesterday - Kroger's to Governor's

      https://picasaweb.google.com/115735202507108304958/HardrockCourseMarkingKrog
      erSCanteenToGovernorS

      Good day yesterday. We parked at Governor's aid station location and hiked
      up to Kroger's Canteen (formerly Virginius).
      Weather was cloudy with rain and hail on the way back down. I carried the
      flags up and marked on the way back down so I could see the course as I'd
      be running it and where I felt flags need to be seen. It is marked a little
      light because most of us are in daylight still, but I placed the flags such
      that you will find your way down without over-marking. There were 12 in our
      group with Rick Trujillo driving up to the Virginius mine location and
      giving us a great history lesson of the area.

      We ended the day with a soak in the ouray hot springs and some good food at
      Buen Tiempo Mexican restaurant. Today is a rest day.

      Steve

    • Philip Murphy
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 8 2:19 PM
        Thanks Steve,

        I have fond memories marking that section with you 2 years ago, can't
        believe how dry it looks now.

        With you guys in spirit, have a great week and race!

        Phil. (Sydney, Australia)

        On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 7:08 AM, azsmokin <azsmokin@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Howdy Steve,
        >
        > Thanks for the pics !
        >
        > Bob

      • ultra_plodder
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 9 3:18 PM
          If anyone is in need of a rental property, especially given the Ouray road closure, I underatand that:

          Nicole Bellman
          970-387-0133
          Silverton Property Management
          P.O.Box 478
          Silverton, CO 81433
          www.silvertonpropertymanagement.com

          has a couple of places that just became available including a large home on Snowden that sleeps at least 13.

          Cheers.